Unpacking Note 9

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I've gotten so used to not having one that I get confused when I'm dealing with someone else's phone that has it.

Lmao that is funny🤣 I think if I went back to a physical home button I'll be holding my finger on botton like I do with note8 like "hey *****...just press on the button"🤪

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Miss it, but prefer the larger screen.

I'd love if the Note 9 design was just like the Note 7 only with slightly larger screen, and of course 6 or 8gb ram. The phone felt amazing in the hand with a case on it and I preferred the screen shape overall compared to the Note 8.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'd love if the Note 9 design was just like the Note 7 only with slightly larger screen, and of course 6 or 8gb ram. The phone felt amazing in the hand with a case on it and I preferred the screen shape overall compared to the Note 8.
So, you prefer the fingerprint reader in the home button, as opposed to on the back?
I agree that the phone felt amazing as well...at the time. The Note8 is so much better than the Note7. I think nostalgia clouds your perception. Things aren't always as good as as you remember them.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
So, you prefer the fingerprint reader in the home button, as opposed to on the back?
I agree that the phone felt amazing as well...at the time. The Note8 is so much better than the Note7. I think nostalgia clouds your perception. Things aren't always as good as as you remember them.
I definately prefer the fps on the front instead of the back. I know we won't see that until they get it working under the screen though, because the trend is towards minimal bezel as possible. I also preferred 16/9 screen ratio. To each his own. Obviously we evaluate our choice based on a variety of things across a wide range of offerings. It's a collection of compromises and how we weigh them. There is no phone that gives me everything just how I would like it. I am glad to see the Note 9 going with 4000mah. That's something I have been vocal about, and carries a lot of weight in my want list.

The only thing worrying me right now is the camera. The design choices on the S9 are causing a disappointing (to my eyes) softness. I hope they fine tune that setup for the Note. I actually prefer the pictures I get on my Note 8 to what I have seen from the S9.