Possible Note 9 promotions revealed?

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just saw an article on BGR that shows 3 possible promo items that will be available with the Note 9:

"Beyond the phone itself, we also get a glimpse of the accessories that Samsung will sell alongside the Galaxy Note 9, including a wireless charger, a pair of GearX Icon earbuds, and a Gear S3 smartwatch. As with previous launches, we expect Samsung to have a promotion available that will likely include these accessories."

Here's the article and the picture:

Unending Galaxy Note 9 leaks continue with images of three new color options https://news360.com/article/463406027

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20180723-221112_News360.jpg
    SmartSelect_20180723-221112_News360.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 100

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I guess it's the Gear 3 watch because the Gear 4 is coming out? That would be hell of a deal to get a Gear S4 watch with the phone. I'd take the earbuds possibly.

I bought the newer wireless charger last year when the S8 Plus came out. The problem is the fan. I charge while I sleep so the fan noise was an issue. I went back to my spring 2015 Samsung wireless charger that came out when the s6 came out.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure all of these would work as promotions. The value of them are all over the place. From like $70-90 for a wireless charger to $280 for the Gear S3.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I would probably choose the Gear S3 watch. I don't listen much with ear buds and I have plenty of wireless chargers. Its time for a watch. But with T-Mobile they will cheap out and only offer the charger. And Best Buy and Verizon will most likely get to offer the watch.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If these are the options, I may go with the Earphones IF they are high quality sound. I already have a wireless charger for my S8+ and already have an S3 Frontier watch (which I highly recommend - best smartwatch out there in my opinion).

I'm ready to get the Note 9 now!

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
If these are the options, I may go with the Earphones IF they are high quality sound. I already have a wireless charger for my S8+ and already have an S3 Frontier watch (which I highly recommend - best smartwatch out there in my opinion).

I'm ready to get the Note 9 now!
I'm in the same boat. I would never buy the ear buds. But, if they're giving them a away, I might give them a go.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I guess it's the Gear 3 watch because the Gear 4 is coming out? That would be hell of a deal to get a Gear S4 watch with the phone. I'd take the earbuds possibly.

I bought the newer wireless charger last year when the S8 Plus came out. The problem is the fan. I charge while I sleep so the fan noise was an issue. I went back to my spring 2015 Samsung wireless charger that came out when the s6 came out.

It could be a very memorably motivating deal to pair-up the Galaxy Watch/Gear S4 for a price 'consideration' at launch, for willing, early adopters; i.e., pre-orders. I've yet to see the definitive Note9 base model storage specs. If it turns out to be the lukewarm 64 gigs as opposed to the 128 gig model, touted in some spaces, then they'd have to give me an LTE-enabled S3 (either one) to motivate me to buy. Why make it so complicated, Samsung? The Note Series used to imply a top-spec device at launch and that effect has been muddled over the past couple of Notes. My misgivings do not even account for any subterfuges which Verizon might employ such as keeping an LTE-enabled Galaxy Watch off of their shelves for many months to come as they did with the S3 Frontier.

Last edited:

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
I'm not sure all of these would work as promotions. The value of them are all over the place. From like $70-90 for a wireless charger to $280 for the Gear S3.

The discrepancy is likely because of the source. BGR just makes stuff up - some of these promotions could be real, or all of them could be fake. In this case they're regurgitating AndroidHeadlines' claims based on an image created by an anonymous "reliable source" - which could be taken as code for "someone actually shared this with us" or "we made this in photoshop"... and there is no way to discern the difference based on AH's reputation in creating false information in order to drive clicks.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Here in Europe you would be lucky to get offered the cheap wireless charger if anything at all

We feel lucky to be allowed to purchase the phone. At full RRP.
In the states they will get the watch. And a free note 9.

I did get a dex with my note 8, but took so long to come they were only worth £40 or so by then.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Aaaaaand I stopped reading :p

BTW, that's a DeX station (notice the plug)

I guess I WON'T post this info. ;) Soon as I saw that picture, I was like WAIT that's not a wireless charger, it's a DeX! I think I used mine like 5 times before I got rid of my Note 8! lol

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I guess I WON'T post this info. ;) Soon as I saw that picture, I was like WAIT that's not a wireless charger, it's a DeX! I think I used mine like 5 times before I got rid of my Note 8! lol

Way cheaper USB-C dongles that can trigger DeX mode online :) Not as 'fancy', but they work. Plus? They work with the Switch, too! :p

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I buy from my local Samsung Experience Store in the U.K at full price and as of yet I've never managed to be lucky enough to get a freebie.

The closest I've been is a free Vr Headset when I bought the Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge but I was 1 day out of the promotion eligibility dates ! Go figure.

What Samsung tend to do in the U.K is start adding freebies a few months after launch :(

I think the Dex was offered with the Samsung Galaxy s8 but again that was well after I bought mine.

I have a Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch and use Bose Bluetooth Earphones and have both the 2017 and 2018 desk top chargers.

It's the norm to find these freebie accessories showing up on selling sites too. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa