Upgrade to Note 9 or wait for S10?

Kash 123

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
As per the title, I'm not sure if I should upgrade now from the S8+ to the Note 9 or wait for the S10. I've never used an S-Pen before so not sure how much I'll use it. Also there's lots of rumours that the S10 will have some really cool features with the latest tech. Thoughts?

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
If you keep waiting, you'll never get a device because a newer one is always on the horizon. Get the S9 or S9+ or pay a little more and get the Note 9.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Depends on your knees really. Are you having any issues with the S8 plus? I had that one for a while and it's a great phone. And don't 9 I have now and it's absolutely fantastic but a bit of a price tag LOL just a few things to consider there. Depending on what carrier with there may be some decent offers on trade ins or other offers related to getting into the note 9. I would suggest going into a local Best Buy or other store that has fully operational demo units that you can play with for a while. They are a bit bigger than an S8 Plus.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
If you have no issues with it your current phone, just wait it out a few more months. It doesn't sound like you really want a Note. If you have an S8+, it sounds like you have a little patience, anyways.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
There are bound to be sales and more specials on this Beast of a phone especially around the holidays
If you have no issues with it your current phone, just wait it out a few more months. It doesn't sound like you really want a Note. If you have an S8+, it sounds like you have a little patience, anyways.

Kash 123

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I decided to upgrade to the N9 as there was a offer on at CPW which was giving me £450 to trade in my S8+ (I only bought it for £500 a year ago!). Looking forward to delivery tomorrow

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Depends on your knees really. Are you having any issues with the S8 plus? I had that one for a while and it's a great phone. And don't 9 I have now and it's absolutely fantastic but a bit of a price tag LOL just a few things to consider there. Depending on what carrier with there may be some decent offers on trade ins or other offers related to getting into the note 9. I would suggest going into a local Best Buy or other store that has fully operational demo units that you can play with for a while. They are a bit bigger than an S8 Plus.

Yeah, how are your knees? Lol

Last edited:

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for the S10+ personally. I had the Note 8 and the Note 9 is only a minor update. The S10's are shaping up to get a big overhaul with more new features etc so I'm way more excited by that

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
As per the title, I'm not sure if I should upgrade now from the S8+ to the Note 9 or wait for the S10. I've never used an S-Pen before so not sure how much I'll use it. Also there's lots of rumours that the S10 will have some really cool features with the latest tech. Thoughts?

This was me coming from a Galaxy S5, never had a Note before and pulling the trigger on a Note 9. So looking forward to getting it.

I had 2 considerations before upgrading.

1. Did I want an S or Note?

2. Did I value the S pen over the in display FPS, (Note 9 vs S10).

I decided that all the features of the new S pen would be more useful than hanging out for the in display fingerprint reader of the S10. Particularly screen off memo. And a lot of mobile plans allow you to upgrade in a year for a small fee. I can get the Note 10 for just $150 if it really tickles my fancy.

This was my plan, enjoy the Note 9, renew my plan and get the Note 10 because an improved Note 9 with in display FPS would be my ideal phone. But my gut tells me that in a couple of years foldable phones will be big. And that is more exciting to me than a Note 10 so I'll probably hang on to my Note 9 for a bit. Like I did with my S5.

3 cameras on the S10 doesn't interest me. Waiting another year for the Note 10 whilst the latest Note has a large upgraded battery, Bluetooth S pen and in my case 8 GB RAM and more storage than I'll ever wish for, was a no brainer. Plus upgraded stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos and an upgraded water carbon fibre cooling system.

The prices of the S and Note are almost identical. The screen sizes are on par. If you then like flagship Samsung devices why wouldn't you then get a Note? All the advantages of the S plus the all the extras of the S pen.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for the S10+ personally. I had the Note 8 and the Note 9 is only a minor update. The S10's are shaping up to get a big overhaul with more new features etc so I'm way more excited by that
I would probably wait as well if I knew for sure the curves on the edges would be toned down.
I have a feeling the S10+ will be more expensive than than the Note9 and the S10 will probably be in the $900 range. Customers have already shown they will pay for it.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm concerned the S10 might get rid of the card slot and the headphone jack. Hopefully no F'n notch. ;)

Ironically, people could surge towards the 9+ and N9.

Charlax_21

Aug 25, 2018
Visit site
The Note 9 is around $1000 dollars. Imaging what you might end up paying for the S10 when it finally comes out. Either take the dive now and enjoy the greatest phone so far or play Russian roulette with pricing the S10. Good Luck!!

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I would probably wait as well if I knew for sure the curves on the edges would be toned down.
I have a feeling the S10+ will be more expensive than than the Note9 and the S10 will probably be in the $900 range. Customers have already shown they will pay for it.

I fully expect the S10/+ to be over $1000 considering the current pricing of the Note 9 and with the differences between the S10 and S10+

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
If you keep waiting, you'll never get a device because a newer one is always on the horizon. Get the S9 or S9+ or pay a little more and get the Note 9.

I usually agree with this, but anything newer than the S10 is way off the radar. This is the one time I would recommend waiting to see exactly what the S10 series brings, then decide.