Upgrade to Note 9 or wait for S10?

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
The S-line always gets the latest tech because it's the first major flagship device launched each year. I mean, if you need to upgrade now, do it. If not, wait for the S10.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree with users who are staying that if you keep waiting, you may never upgrade. If you are concerned about missing out, though, you can always wait a bit longer to see what the supposed specs are for the S10; and then make your choice.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I agree with users who are staying that if you keep waiting, you may never upgrade. If you are concerned about missing out, though, you can always wait a bit longer to see what the supposed specs are for the S10; and then make your choice.
That will change every few weeks and no one will be close to figuring it out until around January.
The last rumor I saw had them keeping the same screen sizes and just reducing the overall phone size.
Maybe Samsung wants to keep the Note a little larger to distinguish them from the S+.
IMO, I think the S will keep more of a curved screen since there's no s-pen. That's my projection for skipping the S10+.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That will change every few weeks and no one will be close to figuring it out until around January.
The last rumor I saw had them keeping the same screen sizes and just reducing the overall phone size.
Maybe Samsung wants to keep the Note a little larger to distinguish them from the S+.
IMO, I think the S will keep more of a curved screen since there's no s-pen. That's my projection for skipping the S10+.

You're absolutely right. Spec speculation is just that and it is hard to make choices based on them. But when it's all you've got, I guess you're kind of stuck with either waiting a bit more until release and then getting the Note; or making a jump without concrete information. Them's the breaks in the smartphone world! 🤣

Cristian TATOIU

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
If you keep waiting, you'll never get a device because a newer one is always on the horizon. Get the S9 or S9+ or pay a little more and get the Note 9.

That's the idea, these "should you wait" discussions are idiotic... If you wait 6 mo' months till S10, you should wait another 6 months for Note 10... But then, you're only 6 months away from S11... Get the best phone you can afford when you want one!

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
The way I see it, the only point in waiting is if you're going for the smaller, one-handed S10.

If you'll be getting the larger one anyway, the Note9 will automatically offer more by virtue of the S-Pen alone.

I upgraded from a regular S9. Absolutely loved the S9, it was perfect in every way for what you knew you were getting. In fact the S-series are the only Samsung devices I've owned that have 0 flaws (unlike my Notes).

But, I wanted the S-Pen and its features (despite preferring a smaller phone), so I upgraded to a Note9.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
That is crazy to price the s10 plus at $1000 unless it's 8gb ram or it has the spen because they killed the Note line.

The spen adds value to the Note phone hence the higher prices for the Note line. What will the S10 offer that will justify costing as much as the Note 9 if it doesn't have an spen?

Besides having a slightly newer processor and finger print under the screen which to me isn't a big deal I don't see why you wouldn't buy a Note 9 for the same price instead and get the spen.

OmegaSparks

Aug 17, 2018
Visit site
Depends on your knees really. Are you having any issues with the S8 plus? I had that one for a while and it's a great phone. And don't 9 I have now and it's absolutely fantastic but a bit of a price tag LOL just a few things to consider there. Depending on what carrier with there may be some decent offers on trade ins or other offers related to getting into the note 9. I would suggest going into a local Best Buy or other store that has fully operational demo units that you can play with for a while. They are a bit bigger than an S8 Plus.

Depends on your knees ...hahaha

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
And, so it begins.. Note 10 or wait for the Note 48 or wait for the Note 155?

Don't be a smart a$$. It's one thing to be undecided on a phone at all, but when you know what phone you want, even though it's a few months out, that's a different story. No different here where people were specifically waiting for the Note 9. There are some people that are waiting specifically for the Note 10 because their Note 8 works just fine; they only upgrade every two years, etc.

I have a GS7; it works fine; this Black Friday I'll be eligible to upgrade again but it's close enough to the GS10+ launch, I can wait; the GS10+ is the anniversary edition and offers enough different features over the S9+ that makes it the better choice for me.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
That is crazy to price the s10 plus at $1000 unless it's 8gb ram or it has the spen because they killed the Note line.

The spen adds value to the Note phone hence the higher prices for the Note line. What will the S10 offer that will justify costing as much as the Note 9 if it doesn't have an spen?

Besides having a slightly newer processor and finger print under the screen which to me isn't a big deal I don't see why you wouldn't buy a Note 9 for the same price instead and get the spen.

If the S10+ is NOT at least $1000, I'll be shocked. New design, bigger battery, faster processor, triple camera, maybe 4K screen, possible unbreakable display, etc.
If you don't think this phone will be $1000, you're fooling yourself. Throw in the s-pen for the Note10 and you're up to $1100.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
If the S10+ is NOT at least $1000, I'll be shocked. New design, bigger battery, faster processor, triple camera, maybe 4K screen, possible unbreakable display, etc.
If you don't think this phone will be $1000, you're fooling yourself. Throw in the s-pen for the Note10 and you're up to $1100.

the other problem with pricing the s10 too how is sales. The s9 didn't sell well but pricing the S10 like that won't help because you're selling to the masses, not a niche market like the Note where people would be more inclined to spend 1k on the Note.

They priced the Iphone X too high and that hurt sales and people went to the cheaper iPhone 8 instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Novatian