Any Note 8 or 9 Users going to the dark side? (iPhone XsMax)

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The only people that go from the Note to the iPhone, are people who actually have iPhones and are trolling. ;) :)
Also, most users don't even know all of the functions of their Android phone and will bounce back and forth between iOS and Android, let alone different Android OEMs. Talk about a learning curve.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I’m already on the dark side. LOL.

I’ve tried to switch back to Android the last three years and I just can’t do it. I’ve owned an watch since launch and I freaking love it!! There’s really no comparable watch on the Android side. So I’m not switching for the foreseeable future.

I’ll just live vicariously through you guys.
No comparable watch?? Really. I'm assuming you meant iWatch. That's highly debatable as well. Not to mention the rectangular shape of that watch. I read somewhere that the new one will be round. Sounds familiar.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a Note9, I came from the main story on the main page.
Anyways, I'm switching to the XS as my main driver.
Just to comply with friends and family, who are always b****ing about not being able to FaceTime.
Although, I have helped them set up Duo on most of my close friends and family members' phones.
My current setup is the Pixel 2 and the iPhone 6S.
The 6S needs an update and the Pixel 2 will become my play toy :D

That sucks you have to carry-on an extra phone just because of the iPhone waters running through your family. Your daily driver should be your "play toy". Phones today should do everything. You shouldn't need a daily driver and another phone, unless it's a work phone, which I don't count. If you have a work phone, you should definitely not have 2 personal phones.

That's just my opinion. Everyone's different.

Patrick Benjamin

Sep 8, 2018
Visit site
NEVER!!, I would have to be a bigger fool then Jacob's mule to switch to ios. I've been and Android fan boy from the very beginning. And a Samsung devotee at that. Starting with the Samsung Moment, through Note 2, 3, 5, s6 s8 s8+, to my current Note 8 and (cough!!) LG 7 thinq(had to have that Quad Dac)

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I've been an iPhone user up to and including the iPhone 5. I then moved to Android with a Nexus 5 and then to Windows Phone - which was, IMO, the best phone OS. I loved it and would still be using it had Microsoft not effectively killed it. With the demise of Windows Phone I went back to Android and have had a Nexus 5x, Galaxy S6, S7, S7 Edge, S8, Pixel 2 and now a Galaxy S9. Technically I'm not qualified to contribute to this thread because I don't have a Note 9 - but I'm going to anyway.

I have been increasingly concerned at Google's data gathering shenanigans. Gathering data and monetising it is the company's business model. I'm less happy with that model than I have ever been and have recently moved away from as many Google services as possible - my calendar and contacts are now hosted on my NAS and I use Firefox Focus with StartPage as my search engine. However, given I am using an Android phone, Google still knows way too much about me. I figure Apple is less of a problem - of course it gathers data, but I am not the product in the way I am with Google. Add to that I have to accept that Apple offers a tremendous after-sales operation. I have an Apple Store nearby and it is good to know I can call in and get my phone sorted if there is a problem.

I will be buying an iPhone Xs on pre-order day.

Um. Everyone is eating data on you. Log into any "free " wifi, they're getting data. Download an app, it's gathering data. Use any search engine, they're gathering data. Buy anything that isn't paid in cash, they're gathering data. I could go on. But I think you get the point.

I've looked at iPhones, helped others with their iPhones, watched the last year's unveiling at my manager (iFanboy) desk, but just don't like them.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Also, most users don't even know all of the functions of their Android phone and will bounce back and forth between iOS and Android, let alone different Android OEMs. Talk about a learning curve.
Totally agree, most people have know idea how much today's device's can do. Both iOS and Android have their place and their users. Apple is perfect for a lot of people, just not me. I'm very happy to have the choice and I believe we greatly benefit from the competition. I get the Note because nothing can compete with it for me.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd rather be without a smartphone than support ANY Apple products. So no, I'm not stepping foot in the "dark side"

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I still go back and forth with android and iOS just not with iPhone X/S.

Cost just isn't worth it IMO. I still upgrade with the 8 Plus and if Apple releases the 9 I will.

I was supposed to draw the line with Samsung S & Note series because of the increased priced but at least SAMSUNG gives me an incentive to buy it.

Take the 9. I get IconX for pre-ordering it and the $200+ trade in for pretty much any garbage brings down the price.

Technically, my 128 128GB Blue only cost me less than $900 CAN after taxes.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
It's cool seeing a lot of the same faces/names that I've been seeing since my first Samsung (S5). I've been on these forums for SIX years TODAY! HB to me (g)

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
No, I refuse to go back to an iPhone because I am not dumb and blinded like iPhone owner s are thinking their products are better. I was just in an argument with some guy on MacRumors and refuse to continue the argument after he said that the iPhone is the best selling phone in the world, and he said that no Android has more features than the iPhone in todays world that you can actually use. LOL. I was done.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I’m already on the dark side. LOL.

I’ve tried to switch back to Android the last three years and I just can’t do it. I’ve owned an watch since launch and I freaking love it!! There’s really no comparable watch on the Android side. So I’m not switching for the foreseeable future.

I’ll just live vicariously through you guys.

Galaxy Watch, it kills the Apple watch that I had.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Android works the same way, too. I have never seen an Android phone that doesn't work right out of the box.

Im not saying android phones do not work right out of the box.

What I meant was because Android is so much more customisable than iOS when a person picks up an iPhone they pretty much all look like each other regarding themes , icons and Ui So are familiar.

With Android so much more can be customised thus changing how each phone can look and perform _ thank heavens. ;)

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I did watch the keynote and it pretty much was the nail in the coffin for me. I don't see ever going back to Apple. I'll admit some of the watch features were really cool and useful but not at that price point and the iPhones...no thanks. Again, priced too high for what you get.