Why do I always need a pin to unlock when fingerprint and intelligent scan is enabled?

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
As the title says, 99% of the time I'd need to use my pin to unlock my note 9. Why can't I just use either fingerprint or intelligent scan? My old s8+ rarely asks me to use my pin. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? If I try to remove pin unlock, and use swipe to unlock, then it says it'll remove all my biometrics. Any ideas?

how do you lock your phone?using 3rd party apps?

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, you just tap their icon and the phone locks, just like pressing the power/lock button.

wow,finally someone like me.i used to use Softlock but since it cant override the safety bla bla bla i use assistive touch(in settings) to lock my screen...

btw do you happen to be OCD about buttons? xD

mmakoto

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
wow,finally someone like me.i used to use Softlock but since it cant override the safety bla bla bla i use assistive touch(in settings) to lock my screen...

btw do you happen to be OCD about buttons? xD
No OCD, just like to prolong the buttons. I know these buttons are designed to last an unknown number of times, but I just don't like to press it 100x a day.

BTW, I've finally found an app called "turn off screen (lock screen)" by redmanit to be working with the note 9, it even has the option to lock the screen from the notification bar.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No OCD, just like to prolong the buttons. I know these buttons are designed to last an unknown number of times, but I just don't like to press it 100x a day.

BTW, I've finally found an app called "turn off screen (lock screen)" by redmanit to be working with the note 9, it even has the option to lock the screen from the notification bar.

wow.is the app safe?and safe to unlock with iris?

mmakoto

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
wow.is the app safe?and safe to unlock with iris?
Go check it out on the play store. It has screenshots of what permission is required; device admin and 2 others. It works with fps and intelligent scan, which I'm using. One thing to note though, once you press their icon to lock the phone, it actually blacks out the screen for 5 seconds, and then it truly locks.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Go check it out on the play store. It has screenshots of what permission is required; device admin and 2 others. It works with fps and intelligent scan, which I'm using. One thing to note though, once you press their icon to lock the phone, it actually blacks out the screen for 5 seconds, and then it truly locks.

owh so theres a 5 second delay...Nova Launcher does that too...i thought i could use it like softlock...but thanks for the tips.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Most likely it's the app, though... try it without it (locking the screen with the power button or letting it lock itself after standby) and you'll see. That random prompt shouldn't be more than a couple times a week on normal conditions.

Jan 30, 2019
Visit site
it's called "double tap screen on and off". i think most, if not all, of those kinda apps are facing the same problem from my short reading on the play store.

Damn it works to my s9plus pie. I'm also using nova launcher double tap to lock screen with activate device admin. Sadly now it always requires a pattern to unlock my s9 rather than using registered intelegent scan or finger. Now i have to not use my purchase nova launcher