Nova Vs Touchwiz

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Oops I meant wiz not Whiz

I am currently using Nova Launcher but I am having issues with the tesla unread badge count plug in and I am thinking about getting rid of Nova and going back to Touchwiz. Is anyone using the standard touchwiz UI and are your badge counters working on all your apps (like snapchat, facebook...etc)

Or does anyone have another UI suggestion that has the badge counters?

Last edited:

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I personally don't use them... Just a blinking LED with no sound or vibration is enough to summon me. Hang in there and notify Nova! You're going to loose more than it's worth by switching to stock imo

jmorris1974

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
the app itself has to support badges in order for them to show up, and not all of them do. I'm currently using the stock launcher on my Note, and badges do show up for the apps I'm used to seeing them on.

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I personally don't use them... Just a blinking LED with no sound or vibration is enough to summon me. Hang in there and notify Nova! You're going to loose more than it's worth by switching to stock imo

Yea maybe I will email Tesla. I really love Nova but it's getting annoying!

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used Nova since my S5 days. Don't really see what it offers over TW these days, nothing wrong with the Note 9 launcher as is.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I ditched Nova prime after the S7edge. The Samsung experience has come a long way and for me is faster and smoother than Nova. I hated having to download telsa unread just for notifications. I found telsa unreliable and using nova and telsa made it more resource hungry than stock. I am able to get more of what I want with stock using the theme store and good lock than I used to get with nova.

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Oreo 8.1, Sept sec update on an ATT N9 and Tesla Unread works for me. I don't have snap chat but it's perfect on FB and FB alternative Friendly and all of the other apps I have setup. Have you tried going & clearing Tesla cache and/or rebooting your phone or going into Tesla app & toggling the switches on & off & back on?

7d4dcaaf14c7f4d5cf3696e04ac495f5.jpg

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
The ONLY thing I prefer in Nova is icon packs. Samsung experience is smoother and faster in my experience so I really don't use Nova anymore.

Centerman66

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
You can't do this with Samsung Experience... and while many... most... would hate this clutter, I prefer to have everything I use in one spot.

You can't have a 10 x 7 grid with icons at 70% size with Samsung Experience.

20181003_142240.jpg

crackhead007

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I use Nova on my Note8 and unread badges from Tesla unread work fine for me. I am just showing a notification dot and not numeric though. I don't get many messages in whatsapp but Facebook and everything else works just fine for me.

bryantj3303

Mar 19, 2018
Visit site
I've been using Touchwiz, which has been meeting all of my needs and works well and I receive the badge notifications. I tried Nova for a few days and I think the badge option comes with the paid option.

Coming from using iPhones for many years, it's nice to have choices. Also, because of that, I sometimes find the range of options and choices overwhelming. The themes/icon/wallpaper ap is like a rabbit hole that I can play around in for hours ..lol

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi, My icons are Buuf/BuufJuiced (from the wonderful artwork of mattahan - Paul Davey, https://www.deviantart.com/mattahan). It's an old iOS theme that had been resurrected as BuufJuiced in present years. I'm active in the BuufJuiced Discord Channel and was active in the old ModMyi Buuf/BuufJuiced forums. I help expand the theme now using an old iPhone6+ (but not as my daily driver phone, just to make & test new icons and such).
I use Nova to manually apply each icon to app image on my Note9. I have a folder of Buuf icons on my MicroSD card. I backup the Nova setup and if I change phones, I just put the MicroSD card in the new phone and restore my Nova backup and my phone apps are once again all themed. So it's not an icon pack you can get in the Play store. There is/was some old Buuf theme in the Play store but it was so old that it doesn't have that many or even high quality images.
Let me know if you need more information on how to theme each app image with your own favorite icon theme!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa