one:ui thoughts

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
So I just now seen that Samsung is going to release their own UI. Technically theyve had their own with touch wiz... what do you think this will do for the Samsung community?

As a die hard Samsung fan I'm on the fence about this. It has its advantages and disadvantages.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
As someone whose first move on a Samsung is usually to replace Touch Wiz with Nova, it depends on the new UI. If it's up to Samsung's (seeming) current standards, it won't make any difference to me - Nova will still get installed.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
As someone whose first move on a Samsung is usually to replace Touch Wiz with Nova, it depends on the new UI. If it's up to Samsung's (seeming) current standards, it won't make any difference to me - Nova will still get installed.

People do that on stock Android (pixel) I like Samsung launcher it's meant for how they wrote the software so sticking with it. Flows good.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
When TouchWiz existed, I replaced it with Nova Launcher. With Samsung Experience, I don't feel the need. I still set up Nova and I might change over to it at times, but it's not needed. I'm liking what they are doing with One UI as well. Samsung seems to be listening to consumers and developers.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Never needed Nova since they upgraded TouchWiz to Samsung Experience. I'm liking the OneUI and it looks like Samsung will release it with Pie so I'm hoping it won't be a huge laggy mess out the gate.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Never needed Nova since they upgraded TouchWiz to Samsung Experience. I'm liking the OneUI and it looks like Samsung will release it with Pie so I'm hoping it won't be a huge laggy mess out the gate.

I'm running the leak pie build on my note 9 and so far good , it's faster animation then oreo and like the gestures

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm running the leak pie build on my note 9 and so far good , it's faster animation then oreo and like the gestures
Awesome. Does Samsung keep the swipe down gesture from anywhere on the home screen for Notifications? That's one gesture I seriously miss when using my Pixel 2XL.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
While I haven't seen it up close to see if I would like this better or not, I'm willing to give the Beta a try. However, I am not seeing the sign up within the Samsung+ app. Has anyone got this to work yet? Do you need to register your device first within the app?

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
It's samsung of course it will lag over time.
I had my s8 for just under two years. It never slowed down or showed lag. Perhaps once upon a time Samsung's lag but they don't seem to now. The quality of the long-term was what made me chose the note over the mate 20.