Temptations to buy Mate 20 Pro

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
I was so tempted to buy Mate 20 pro and sell this Note 9 off (because of face id unlock and better night shots camera & back plate looks - thats it) but then i would just visit their forums and read the "ongoing issues" - ugly UI, basically useless AOD - I would drop the idea totally and happily keep my Note 9 O:)O:)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I was so tempted to buy Mate 20 pro and sell this Note 9 off (because of face id unlock and better night shots camera & back plate looks - thats it) but then i would just visit their forums and read the "ongoing issues" - ugly UI, basically useless AOD - I would drop the idea totally and happily keep my Note 9 O:)O:)

Looks like a beautiful phone with nice features but not as established as the note line and doesn't offer anything more for me ...Only way I'll give up my Note is with another Note😉

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Don't, just don't!

I canceled my pre-order after reading the issues they have. That is NOT acceptable by any means for any phone, be it cheap or flagship.

Read my post there about this: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 | Page 2 | NotebookReview

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm currently using the Matte 20 X.
While the Mate 20 group of phones are outstanding and Huawei keeps improving them each year, I think you'd be just a little bit let down coming from a Note 9.

maher shtat

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
No chance for the mate 20 pro in the tournament , the note 9 is very stubborn rival who can do lot more, with added functions of the stylus.

Pbain

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Had a Mate 20X for three days... Second Huawei for such a short time. I can't wrap my head around how Huawei reverts settings all the time. Beautiful designs, too bad EMUI is so restricted. The longer I'm using my OnePlus the harder it is for me to switch elsewhere. I know the Note line, fantastic device and with the new OneUI coming I'd say they've got the better device.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
^This is what I keep telling people. Their hardware is great but their software and UI is not there yet. Still needs a lot of work. Overly hyped product. I've used them but immediately don't like them. If they do what One+ is doing they would blow One+ out of the water.

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Their UI sucks and now the chinese versions are blocking third party launcher like NOVA....if this gets rolled out to all the variants, it will be a mess...

https://www.xda-developers.com/huawei-honor-chinese-emui-9-blocks-third-party-launchers/
Some like the UI, some don't. Personally, i like it. I like stock android better, but I've used Huawei devices for years. I've gotten very accustomed to it. About the launchers. They are locking the launcher on the Chinese variant due to smaller, local venders installing a fake EMUI launcher loaded with malware and spyware.
The global version launcher can be changed to whatever you'd like.

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Ran pubg on my friend's mate 20 pro and it was a slightly smoother experience than on my note 9. Feeling abit sad as this is the only aspect I find my note 9 lacking, intensive gaming.

JZ VR

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Go for it, have the Mate 20 Pro hands down best phone of the year it has so much more to offer no other phone even comes close, better than the Note 9 in every way.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Now that the initial excitement has passed reports suggest the only things that may tempt a Note 9 owner to the Mate 20 Pro are its camera and battery life.

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
The mate 20 Pro is a good phone. Personally I got the note 9 over it for the overall experience. Huawei are an unknown for me then it comes to build quality, time and consistency of updates and customer support. I know how Samsung rolls with these things. There are also some build quality issues with the mate. I think maybe by the 40 if they keep improving and make their strategy clear I would think about it. Until then I'll be keeping my note 9. Will take something special to get me to change my mind on that and if that doesn't come I'll have this for the next 4 years or so.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
It seems Huawei is doing what Samsung USED to do, especially how they differentiate their two flagships. The P & Mate.

Don't get me wrong I love Samsung especially their Note series but I feel like their holding back which I understand from a business perspective. What Apple does with their iPhone.

I honestly wanna sell my 9 for either the OnePlus 6t or the Huawei Mate 20 Pro but getting low balled and OnePlus didn't bring back Satin White and the Mate is too expensive. I am not attached to one company, I want the latest.

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
I chose to hold on to my note 9. A quick demo on mate 20pro made me think not to buy it- I didn't like the UI, you dont have AOD notifications, its just basic clock you see. I am not concerned with battery life. There is no day that battery runs out by eod on note 9, so will never buy it just because of battery life. Camera is better on Huawei esp wide angle and night mode, otherwise i feel note 9 is a wonderful device. Not spending any money on Huawei mate 20 pro unless they improve the UI drastically. I dont think they will be able to match it up to ONE UI that is officially being released soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty