Temptations to buy Mate 20 Pro

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Congrats! I think you'll enjoy the mate 20 pro but be careful of the green screen problem as my friend had that issue and he took it in for an exchange.

Thanx...yeah will check which company display is on the phone...BOe displays are good lg ones have problems I believe...fingers crossed

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I switched my primary driver to a Mate 20(non pro!) from the branded ATT Note 9 and so far it's been a positive experience. I got the December update a few days ago(and got November's when I set up the phone initially). Battery life is epic, consistent 7-8 hours of SoT compared to 5-5.5 for the Note 9 for MY use )
Of course I needed to switch to Nova launcher and replaced the dialer app with the Google dialer as EMUI and it's themes are just horrible.
camera imo is better than the Note 9 even in the lesser Mate 20.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm about to get one as my home phone. Already been using one from work for a few months now.

My honest opinion: not only is it a lot faster than the Note9, it has better reception, is much easier to hold, has a dramatically better camera, offers faster face unlock, has been getting updates faster. The UI is perfectly fine (and much more lightweight), if you don't like it, replace it with a different launcher.

I absolutely LOVE the Mate 20 Pro and can wholeheartedly recommend it. If you value camera over pen, it's an absolute no-brainer. It's by far the best Android phone available right now, and likely still will be after the S10. The Kirin processor is pure insanity speed-wise.

I don't dislike the Note 9 per se, but it's heavy and the cameras are simply underwhelming

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Yeah i just got it about 2 weeks ago in Rogers. But we'll see end of Aug? Rogers is launching 5G shortly so i might just early upgrade to another device that's supports 5G.
That's a bold move considering what's happening. I'll most definitely stick to Samsung and my note 9.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
That's a bold move considering what's happening. I'll most definitely stick to Samsung and my note 9.

With the latest (straw ?!) on the back of the camel Huawei he might not even be able to use WiFi. Eventually the two countries will come to an agreement and Huawei will continue to flourish.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
At the moment I wouldn't be tempted to buy anything Huawei unless I got it at a 90% discount and could consider it a write off if the current situation persists

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I just got the Huawei P30Pro on Rogers Wireless and loving the device.

You need to return it immediately for something else while you can. That phone will not get any updates, and most likely stop working due to all the US companies have to stop supporting Huawei. So, even wifi, cellular, sdcards, etc are no longer legal to use.