Opaque white bar

lherch

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Will someone please, for the love of all this good tell me how to make the @#$% white bar go away on my home screen. I do not have the "Edge Panel" turned on and I've disabled just about everything I could find that is nonessential. It's between the nav buttons on the bottom Screenshot_20190131-000430_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I disabled Samsung pay in the apps manager.

Samsung tries to be like Apple every now and then. They think Samsung pay is so awesome that everyone will want that bar there by default. They should have not defaulted that, people that want to use Samsung pay can turn it on if they want it.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I disabled Samsung pay in the apps manager.

Samsung tries to be like Apple every now and then. They think Samsung pay is so awesome that everyone will want that bar there by default. They should have not defaulted that, people that want to use Samsung pay can turn it on if they want it.

Samsung pay is so awesome! It is 100x better than apple and Android pay combined. I just turned off that bar at the bottom, cause you can just swipe up from the bottom even when your screen is off to open it.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Samsung pay is so awesome! It is 100x better than apple and Android pay combined. I just turned off that bar at the bottom, cause you can just swipe up from the bottom even when your screen is off to open it.

Glad to learn that I can access it even when the screen is off. I wish I could find a way to get rid of the bar but still allow swiping up on the fingerprint sensor bring up Samsung Pay when on the home screen. (Not that I mind the bar that much)

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Glad to learn that I can access it even when the screen is off. I wish I could find a way to get rid of the bar but still allow swiping up on the fingerprint sensor bring up Samsung Pay when on the home screen. (Not that I mind the bar that much)
You can use the fingerprint sensor to open Samsung pay , but it will only work if you have Samsung pay on your homescreen. Go to advanced features in settings and click on finger sensor gestures.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
How to get rid of the Samsung Pay shortcut bar, on the home screen and lock screen if I want to have the Samsung Pay app active, just not displayed on the screen?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
How to get rid of the Samsung Pay shortcut bar, on the home screen and lock screen if I want to have the Samsung Pay app active, just not displayed on the screen?
Go into the Samsung pay settings. There is an option to only show Samsung pay on the home screen, the lock screen, or with the screen off. Under use favorite cards. Screenshot_20190206-152646_Samsung%20Pay.jpeg