07-07-2019 11:08 AM
44 12
tools
    I love my note 9 phone. I will admit I am one of those people where i like to switch my cases up every 3 months. I have purchased several cases for the note 9. I feel like they been very poor. I just recently bought a otter box and I can't charge it cause the case is blocking where i charge it. I bought another case that is water proof and stuff ( can't remember the name).. but people complain they can't hear me or i sound like i'm in a tunnel. Just to give two examples. I just have a hard time finding a case for this phone.
    06-13-2019 05:06 PM
    Why not try a Samsung case?
    06-13-2019 05:19 PM
    I just get cases in my local stores
    06-13-2019 05:21 PM
    I have been using the i-blason cases since the Note 4. I have never had issues. It's $19.99 at Amazon.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=4dovYt5K
    jimd1050 likes this.
    06-13-2019 05:33 PM
    Here you go:
    jimd1050 and silverfang77 like this.
    06-13-2019 05:34 PM
    My only problem with the iBlason case is the fragility of the holster - I went through 2 of them (they replaced the first one when it broke), so I spent the money on an Otterbox Defender. About 5 years ago. After a few accidents that should have destroyed both the phone and the case, neither one shows any sign of damage. (And I charged the phone for years through the case. I even elevated the phone with 1/8" shims and it charged at the same rate. 1/8" is almost 0.31mm. Qi charging distance is 40mm [1.6"] maximum.)
    06-13-2019 05:46 PM
    I had thought about getting that case. I want something a little grippy. Often times slick cases fall out of my scrubs or pockets.
    06-13-2019 05:50 PM
    I have dropped my phone at least 500 times, and no damages. My holster has not broken on this phone, but on the Note 8, yes. It was replaced twice. I had my case before my phone, and I received my phone early. It was shipped by Sprint a few days after ordering before launch.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    06-13-2019 06:17 PM
    Spigen Tough Armor works just fine
    dm3ready likes this.
    06-13-2019 09:29 PM
    I love my note 9 phone. I will admit I am one of those people where i like to switch my cases up every 3 months. I have purchased several cases for the note 9. I feel like they been very poor. I just recently bought a otter box and I can't charge it cause the case is blocking where i charge it. I bought another case that is water proof and stuff ( can't remember the name).. but people complain they can't hear me or i sound like i'm in a tunnel. Just to give two examples. I just have a hard time finding a case for this phone.
    Usually the name brand cases are pretty good , it's the others that could lead to some issue.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    06-13-2019 09:35 PM
    I have dropped my phone at least 500 times, and no damages. My holster has not broken on this phone, but on the Note 8, yes. It was replaced twice. I had my case before my phone, and I received my phone early. It was shipped by Sprint a few days after ordering before launch.
    500 times?! That's averaging almost TWICE A DAY. How's your phone looking?
    06-14-2019 03:00 AM
    My OtterBox Defender fits perfectly
    got2hike likes this.
    06-14-2019 03:02 AM
    It looks like it just came out the box. All of my phone's do. I have never damaged a phone ever. My phones have always been protected. I started with Ballistic cases then OtterBox, and now only i-Blason.
    06-14-2019 08:06 AM
    OtterBox has a habit of over-stretching. The outside wrap starts to loosen up a bit. They are also expensive, and I like to change colors every now, and then. That's why I love i-Blason. The prices are cheaper and they come in a variety of colors. It also comes with the clip which is great when you're at the gym. It's super protects my phone.
    06-14-2019 08:10 AM
    This was some years ago when I stop using OtterBox.
    06-14-2019 08:14 AM
    It looks like it just came out the box. All of my phone's do. I have never damaged a phone ever. My phones have always been protected. I started with Ballistic cases then OtterBox, and now only i-Blason.
    I'm glad to hear that. Obviously you've been selecting good cases. Was just so amazing to me since I've never dropped mine.
    debsawyer likes this.
    06-14-2019 10:46 AM
    Sup Case is what I use for ALL my android devices. I use to use UAG but they don't have screen protectors. Sup Case has an extremely durable back and a front screen cover. love this case...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=58mnby10
    06-14-2019 12:48 PM
    Sup Case is what I use for ALL my android devices. I use to use UAG but they don't have screen protectors. Sup Case has an extremely durable back and a front screen cover. love this case...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=-jtsCqiR
    Supcase and iBlason - same company (or Manufacturer anyway)! Awesome cases! As DebSawyer stated, I've been using them since my Note 4 as well! Some people say they're ugly but I drive a Ford F350 Super Duty so it reminds me of my truck... rugged! Don't need beauty, just protection and this case has done it through Notes 4,5 7 Galaxy S7 Active, Note 8 and now Note 9! Love them...
    tube517 and NotAnAppleGuy like this.
    06-14-2019 02:14 PM
    Supcase and iBlason - same company (or Manufacturer anyway)! Awesome cases! As DebSawyer stated, I've been using them since my Note 4 as well! Some people say they're ugly but I drive a Ford F350 Super Duty so it reminds me of my truck... rugged! Don't need beauty, just protection and this case has done it through Notes 4,5 7 Galaxy S7 Active, Note 8 and now Note 9! Love them...
    You're obviously my sibling in the MATRIX 😀
    debsawyer and jimd1050 like this.
    06-14-2019 07:01 PM
    You're obviously my sibling in the MATRIX
    ...if that's your picture, I'd say more like Great Uncle! I'll be 70 next April!

Attachment 304372
    06-14-2019 11:08 PM
    OtterBox has a habit of over-stretching. The outside wrap starts to loosen up a bit. They are also expensive
    Agreed they are expensive, and my older Otterbox cases would stretch where you have illustrated. BUT Otterbox always replaced any case I had, for free..even shipping, unconditionally.

I always thought that company truly stood behind their product.
    got2hike and Rukbat like this.
    06-15-2019 06:47 AM
    Yes they do stand behind their product, but why pay that much for a case that will do the same? I rather pay $19.99 for a case that protects my device, looks good, and has all the features that I need. i-Blason also stand behind their products.
    tube517 likes this.
    06-15-2019 10:02 AM
    Yes they do stand behind their product, but why pay that much for a case that will do the same? I rather pay $19.99 for a case that protects my device, looks good, and has all the features that I need. i-Blason also stand behind their products.

But it gets annoying (to me, I don't know about to them) to keep replacing a case because a piece of string gets caught between the case and the holster. It's worth the extra $5 (look on Amazon) to have a holster that feels like it's made to be driven over.
    debsawyer likes this.
    06-15-2019 01:24 PM
    I've been using both the Samsung S-View flip cover case and the rugged case. I switch them out whenever I feel like it, really Both have the pros and cons. I tend to get more compliments and questions when I'm rocking the S-View flip cover case because it really is a pretty case. (Not that I look for or crave the attention; it just happens sometimes.) The rugged case obviously makes it easier to whip out the phone and makes using with the stylus a little easier.
    06-15-2019 04:31 PM
    I must say I’ve had great luck buying the super thin clear or black cases for my phones on Amazon or Ebay. They may not protect the phones against dropping as well as the very thick expensive ones, but they have saved my a$$ a couple of times. They wear well, look good and I’ve had no issues with reception or charging. They generally are $11 or less, so you can afford to have a few and change them whenever you want.
    06-15-2019 06:14 PM
44 12