Why So Much Data?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
What is this removed apps and users and why is it using data? I am the only user
919253765ae8181e1d8266d14eddec5f.jpg

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I cannot find that screen.
Where is it?
Which provider?
I have a Verizon branded Note 9 on Verizon service.
This is SETTINGS > CONNECTIONS > DATA USAGE > MOBILE DATA USAGE

Attachments

• 16852.jpg
    16852.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 25

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I understand but that is a ton of data! I used 17gb this month and all is accounted for but that. 4 mos ago it was 30mb . The last 3 mons at least 3 gb a month. I'd like to know what's using that data
I seldom add or delete apps.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I understand but that is a ton of data! I used 17gb this month and all is accounted for but that. 4 mos ago it was 30mb . The last 3 mons at least 3 gb a month. I'd like to know what's using that data
I seldom add or delete apps.
I'm not 100 percent sure on this , because it doesn't give better details.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have multiple accounts but not multiple users. Big difference. Each user can have his own multiple accounts. All of my synced email accounts total wouldn't add up to a gb a month.

Samsung tech tried to figure out if I have multiple users and doesn't even know how to see that?
Maybe multiple accounts like , one in Gmail, Samsung,outlook,ect?

I'm on the first day of a new month. I have been using the phone all day mostly on social media but no sign of the deleted apps or users data category today. I'm going to make a point of noting any apps added or deleted. Maybe I will have to do a system reset then no auto restore to see if that works. Seems like an awful waste of time and effort unless I am hacked.

Do you think there is any point in downloading and running malwarebytes or any other security software? I don't know which is best? Most say it is unnecessary on Android phones.

I noticed in my unlocked model I have built in Samsung McAfee scan that runs every day on its own and it shows nothing wrong

I did a manual scan on it and it found nothing. I'm at wits end trying to figure this out. I tried another popular forum also but no help.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana