Rumors of samsung using google messages instead of its own

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I like Messages for the web app. Cause I would rather leave my phone where it is and reply through my computer.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Although I have other messaging apps on my device, I still use Samsung Messages as my main text app. My favorite feature is the Schedule Message.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I do like the Samsung message app, how do go about schedule?

I made a screen record for you, but couldn't attach it in the AC app or on a browser. 😭

Anywho, in the Samsung Messages app, while composing an SMS, select the PLUS sign, to the left of the text box. That will bring up the menu shown in the screenshot. Select SCHEDULE. Select time and date.

Attachments

• 17809.jpg
    17809.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I made a screen record for you, but couldn't hooked it in the AC app or on a browser.

Anywho, in the Samsung Messages app, while composing an SMS, select the PLUS sign, to the left of the text box. That will bring up the menu shown in the screenshot. Select SCHEDULE. Select time and date.
Thank you , this is a first for me lol , never knew it exist . Very hidden
I just tried it

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I made a screen record for you, but couldn't attach it in the AC app or on a browser. 😭

Thanks Pablo, I tried it out, pretty cool. I never knew it was there. I appreciate you pointing it out.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Pablo, I tried it out, pretty cool. I never knew it was there. I appreciate you pointing it out.

YW! Glad to share!
I really like helping folks with this stuff, here and on xda, because so many have helped me!

I don't know if I've used this feature, but the best scenario I can come up with is sending a late night text message that is not important, but don't know if my old butt would remember to do it, in the morning, so do it now, without waking the recipient.

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
YW! Glad to share!
I really like helping folks with this stuff, here and on xda, because so many have helped me!

I don't know if I've used this feature, but the best scenario I can come up with is sending a late night text message that is not important, but don't know if my old butt would remember to do it, in the morning, so do it now, without waking the recipient.

That's exactly what I did to try it. I set for 8 the next morning, worked just fine.

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
YW! Glad to share!

One of the main reasons I stick with stock SMS is the scheduling. Great feature. The other main reason is it works best with Galaxy Watch. But if Samsung go Google, they will have to do so on the watch, too.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Good move and makes sense if Google is really going to be agressive in supporting RCS in other countries besides UK and France that have it and really make a go at iMessage. They should.

I think US owners will be screwed though cause seems carriers not going to help with RCS rollout in US.