Security update

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Sprint, note 9 Android 10, etc. Received March security update. 3 / 23 / 20. Pretty quick.

I'm with AT&T and still holding at the original Jan, 2020 security update. I've heard others on AT&T saying that they got updated to March, BEFORE March got here. AT&T says that the latest is March. I tell my phone to check, nothing. I use smart switch and it tells me that I am up to date. What the heck??

Last edited:

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Just thank God you've not been holding your breath while waiting for it 😀. I've noticed the laments of you and other people on this network and I'm really puzzled as to AT&T's quality of service

Last edited:

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I haven't been holding my breath, but I am getting a bit red in the face. Note 9, SM-N960 purchased from AT&T, running an AT&T sim card, and operating on AT&T network. I got the update to 2.0 in February, DTA4 with a security update of January 1, 2020. Update installed with no problems, flawless in everyway.

Now here it is, April 3 and I'm waiting for the security update to something newer than January. I USE to get an update on average of once a month just for the security patch.

According to AT&T, the current level is DTB1, released on February 24, security patch February 1, 2020.

I've cleared cache, rebooted, tried smart switch, contacted AT&T through their website (which does no good other than tell me to try settings > Software update and run the search and if that doesn't work, use smart switch, which says I'm up to date. (you ever tried to fight your way through AT&T's website?) One word of advice.... DON'T!

I even took the big step and did a Factory Reset and got everything back after a few hours. No fix. Still does the same thing.

I had my phone at a UbreakIfix the other day to replace a cracked screen. I mentioned it to the tech there and he offered to flash it while he had it. I think that I'll be going back to them soon. I've uninstalled Smart Switch, reinstalled it and it insists that DTA4 is the correct version as per AT&T even though AT&T's web site says DTB1. UBreakIFix even ran a total diagnostic on it and said that the phone is fine.

What I'm afraid of is whats going to happen when they finally release 2.1??

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Ok, we shall see how this is going to turn out. As I speak, my phone is at a local UbreakIfix for a total reflash to see if that will fix my update issues. I've already tried the factory reset which only loaded the original stuff back on it and didn't fix my no update problem. Hopefully, this will kick it and get it started right. From February 24 to April 13 with no updates. Hoping that this will get it rolling again.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Ok, we shall see how this is going to turn out. As I speak, my phone is at a local UbreakIfix for a total reflash to see if that will fix my update issues. I've already tried the factory reset which only loaded the original stuff back on it and didn't fix my no update problem. Hopefully, this will kick it and get it started right. From February 24 to April 13 with no updates. Hoping that this will get it rolling again.

Best of luck 🙂

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I could guide you next time to flash that , if they couldn't do it let me know.

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I could guide you next time to flash that , if they couldn't do it let me know.

Well, so far so good. I think. Got it back, restored everything hopefully. I'd forgotten just how much I'd redone everything. Lol. Everything was saved, just moved around.
But at least it's up to date now. We'll see if the next update comes through.
But thanks for the offer for help. Next Is to get my Google keyboard back up and running. You should see the misspellings I'm having to fix. Lol

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well, so far so good. I think. Got it back, restored everything hopefully. I'd forgotten just how much I'd redone everything. Lol. Everything was saved, just moved around.
But at least it's up to date now. We'll see if the next update comes through.
But thanks for the offer for help. Next Is to get my Google keyboard back up and running. You should see the misspellings I'm having to fix. Lol
Your welcome , yeah hopefully everything ok going forward

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
So what's the current update level for AT&T? I'm still on February update and haven't received an update in quite some time.

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
My AT&T version was stuck with the January update for the LONGEST time. Nothing I could do would allow it to update. Cache, Smart Switch.. nothing. Even did a factory reset. Nothing would budge it. I finally took it to a ubreakifix and they reflashed it. My version now it DTB1, Security patch level February 1. This was done earlier this week and according to them (and the AT&T website) this is the latest version that they've released.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
My AT&T version was stuck with the January update for the LONGEST time. Nothing I could do would allow it to update. Cache, Smart Switch.. nothing. Even did a factory reset. Nothing would budge it. I finally took it to a ubreakifix and they reflashed it. My version now it DTB1, Security patch level February 1. This was done earlier this week and according to them (and the AT&T website) this is the latest version that they've released.
At least I know mine's up to date at February then. Hopefully that's not the last update we get.

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Well, that was fun... That link was suppose to take you to AT&T site detailing what the current version for the Note 9 was. I got NO idea where that link is heading to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
menblattcard