Galaxy Note Edge Screen Protectors

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Im sure the plastic protectors wouldn't be hard to make for the Edge, but im sure there won't be any tempered glass protectors for it. That seems impossible to make.

Posted via the Android Central App

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
The only solution that I forsee is the "rubbery" type like Zagg. Personally I don't like them since they always feel gummy to me. I'll probably go without. I went all year without one on my Note 3 and still has no scratches at all.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

ReggieSmith

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Im sure the plastic protectors wouldn't be hard to make for the Edge, but im sure there won't be any tempered glass protectors for it. That seems impossible to make.

If they can curve gorilla glass they can curve a glass screen protector. Might be a little more expensive though. And the fact that this is still considered a niche phone, not widely available, is probably making them wait to produce it.

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I have it on mine and it does cover everything. But I will rip it off the moment they have a tempered glass one.

Sent from my Samsung Note Edge using Tapatalk

There is no such thing as a curved tempered glass screen protector, so get used to the skinomi one. I have it too and like it.

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
There is no such thing as a curved tempered glass screen protector, so get used to the skinomi one. I have it too and like it.
Not now there isn't. But the thing with time always come changes.

glidersgalore

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
There are lots of cases. AT&T has 2 slime line cases. Best buy has one. Looked on line and found several. Also I have Ghost Armor and their kit covered my screen and the sides.

EsEllEmm

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Not now there isn't. But the thing with time always come changes.

I highly doubt there will ever be a glass protector for this phone. I mean, essentially all the screen protector companies need to do to make glass protectors for all of the other phones except for the Edge is to cut a flat sheet of glass into different shapes. Making a curved one for this phone adds a whole other manufacturing technique that they would have to implement just to make a protector for this one phone.

It's not a matter of whether or not it's possible. If Samsung could make a curved screen, then it's definitely possible to make a curved glass protector for it. It's a matter of what makes financial sense from a manufacturing standpoint for the companies making these protectors. Investing in all of the technology to produce curved glass just for one phone model makes no sense for an aftermarket company with relatively limited manufacturing resources.

True, if curved screens catch on and enough phones have them, you might see someone decide to invest in the technology needed to make glass protectors for them. But by the time anyone may be willing to take the gamble on buying the machinery needed to make a curved glass protector, the original Note Edge will be a very outdated phone and not worth making protectors for.

Joke Adema

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I have bough crystalusion liquid glass protection
it is easy to use but must i do it on the whole Phone also on the back?
and what if it is going wrong can i clean it then or is my Phone damaged by it

i hope anyone of you know it and how i can do ot on the good way

i look me so good to protect my Phone that way and can it also on the edge from the Phone

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
If they can curve gorilla glass they can curve a glass screen protector. Might be a little more expensive though. And the fact that this is still considered a niche phone, not widely available, is probably making them wait to produce it.

If they can't even make glass screen protectors that fit the slight curve on the regular Note 4 (#halogate) then there's no way they're gonna make one for the Edge.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
If they can't even make glass screen protectors that fit the slight curve on the regular Note 4 (#halogate) then there's no way they're gonna make one for the Edge.

This is a very good point. They are having all kinds of trouble with the slight curve causing all kinds of hazing at the edges of the regular Note 4.

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
This is a very good point. They are having all kinds of trouble with the slight curve causing all kinds of hazing at the edges of the regular Note 4.

I bought the Skinomi Full body protection kit from amazon. It is fantastic. It provides protection with out the added bulk of a case. If I need to use something I use the Official S View flip case or the case mate snap on case (see pic)

Attachments

• IMG_20141214_144155.jpg
    IMG_20141214_144155.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_20141214_144142.jpg
    IMG_20141214_144142.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_20141214_144120.jpg
    IMG_20141214_144120.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 167

RaahbT5

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Received my supershieldz in the mail annnddddd well it doesnt cover the whole screen, bit upset.
So what is the consensus on what to go with till someone magically makes a curved tempered glass one?

Attachments

• screenprotector.jpg
    screenprotector.jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 57