After a Week with the Note Edge....

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I can't imagine going back to pages of favorite apps. I do still have a few widgets I like using (Tapatalk for one, for a few non Android related forums that don't have their own apps) on a second screen. Also a recipe management program I use that has a shopping list, but not an app, so I add the page to the homescreen - but it's not something I can add to the edge panel (that I know of).

And an empty page where I play around with setting up widgets and deciding if I like how they look or not.

I absolutely love having my favorite apps easily accessible on the edge panels, and can't wait for more developers to get on board and create more panels for us.

Really hoping that Samsung continues the Edge into the future. Some people still insist it's a gimmick, but damned if it isn't a very efficient gimmick! :)

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It boils down to sales. If the Edge sells well, continuously (and that's important), then Samsung will continue to put resources in it.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
There is more to it.

Samsung's top phone the S series, will be coming in a Edge variant as well. So, the S6 will come in a double edge, that will sparks things up for the Edge panel.

Jhiggz Merritt

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Funny thing is I could care less.. I feel unique as being one of a few 2 own this new tech. Lol if they never made another.. I'd keep this phone over a long period of time and I don't do that.. Always looking for new tech... Samsung struck gold apple has no win against the note series

kieso

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I love the fact that if I'm using the Web browser and a call comes through it doesn't take over the whole screen and just shows up on the edge panel.

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello

I have a issue with the Camera, it worked well few days

but now its Blury
then i have to Reset the setting then close the camera
then open again, some times repeat this few times :(

And then i can see clearly and click a pic

Anyone else has this issue or any recommendations
why this is happening ?

Should i Hard reset my Phone ?
and try again :(

Anyone .......

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello

I have a issue with the Camera, it worked well few days

but now its Blury
then i have to Reset the setting then close the camera
then open again, some times repeat this few times :(

And then i can see clearly and click a pic

Anyone else has this issue or any recommendations
why this is happening ?

Should i Hard reset my Phone ?
and try again :(

Anyone .......

Try this, it can't hurt.

Go to Settings~~> Application Mangler ~~> slide over to All ~~> Camera and click the clear cache button.

See if that offers any relief.

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Try this, it can't hurt.

Go to Settings~~> Application Mangler ~~> slide over to All ~~> Camera and click the clear cache button.

See if that offers any relief.

Wow you are a Genius
Yes it did make a difference
But i cleared Data & i think it clears cache too

God Bless You Bro
Thank a Million
Thanks +++

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Few Questions Please anyone knows

1) If we make New Drop Bx Ac we get 50gb so after 2yrs what does it come down to ??
when the Free period is Over

2) When we 1st log in G mail it ask to restore backed up Apps etc
& it Auto Downloads Apps from before phone
How do i sync my New Apps on Phone ?

3) How to scroll Express Me pic on Edge panel screen ?
At Time 2:02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QsivRobWgE

Thanks

Last edited:

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I took off the Transparent plastic on the camera & its much better now
Never had a Plastic on my camera before
now will always chk :p

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I can't imagine going back to pages of favorite apps. I do still have a few widgets I like using (Tapatalk for one, for a few non Android related forums that don't have their own apps) on a second screen. Also a recipe management program I use that has a shopping list, but not an app, so I add the page to the homescreen - but it's not something I can add to the edge panel (that I know of).

And an empty page where I play around with setting up widgets and deciding if I like how they look or not.

I absolutely love having my favorite apps easily accessible on the edge panels, and can't wait for more developers to get on board and create more panels for us.

Really hoping that Samsung continues the Edge into the future. Some people still insist it's a gimmick, but damned if it isn't a very efficient gimmick! :)

Same here. I keep a few office-related apps (Dropbox, OneDrive, etc) on page 2 of my homescreen (basically ran of room for favorites on the edge panel). Sometimes I forget that I don't have to hit the home button anymore to jump to a app, trying to train myself to always swipe the edge to get there quicker. Just a matter of training the brain.

I love the fact that if I'm using the Web browser and a call comes through it doesn't take over the whole screen and just shows up on the edge panel.

This is a really cool feature.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Another plus was in using Google Hangouts. Was in a chat Friday and the conversation was showing in the side panel when I was doing other things on the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38