Problem with widgets

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
My widget "library" has disappeared! When I long press on the Home screen and select Widgets all I get is a list of all of my apps, no widgets. Also when I go to Settings/Cover Screen/Widgets I don't get a complete list of the default widgets that SHOULD be there. For example there is no option to add a timer widget or a stopwatch widget, etc. The widgets that I have already selected prior are there with their toggles along with about 8 others that I haven't enabled. But obviously not all widgets are showing. Any suggestions?

• Wow
Reactions: jlhiowa

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about the cover screen widgets, but for Homescreen widgets, have you tried tapping on an app? It may be that they're listing app first, then that opens up whatever widget is available for said app? Also, are you using the stock launcher or 3rd party one?

Seeker336

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
When I long press on my Cover Screen, the regular cover screen shrinks to a reduced size and I can swipe left to scroll through other widgets I have available. The final one is a "+" screen to add additional widgets.

If that is what you previously experienced, but it's not happening now, maybe try a Restart on your phone, if you haven't already done so.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
When I swipe left on my cover screen I do not get a plus sign to add more widgets. I do have Good Lock installed and that screen has a plus sign, but that's to add to Good Lock.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
When I go to Settings>Cover Screen>Widgets I get a list of widgets to choose from but some widgets are missing such as Timer, Countdown, etc.

andee1517

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
My widget "library" has disappeared! When I long press on the Home screen and select Widgets all I get is a list of all of my apps, no widgets. Also when I go to Settings/Cover Screen/Widgets I don't get a complete list of the default widgets that SHOULD be there. For example there is no option to add a timer widget or a stopwatch widget, etc. The widgets that I have already selected prior are there with their toggles along with about 8 others that I haven't enabled. But obviously not all widgets are showing. Any suggestions?
Have you by chance installed clock app from play store? There was someone on reddit that kept getting an alarm and he couldn't figure out how to turn it off. He looked at Cover Screen-Widgets and saw he was missing some widgets there. He had downloaded I think it was clock app from the play store instead of from galaxy store. Once he downloaded from the galaxy store, he was able to silence the alarm and the widgets that were missing from the Cover Screen-Widgets list (alarm/timer/stopwatch) finally showed there.

Hardhat Harry

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
I am missing the PHONE app from GOODLOCK/MULTISTAR. I had it and it disappeared. Submitted an Error report....no response. It is still on our second Flip5.

Moonliterider

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I've read about this, and the problem seems to be coming from updating features on the Goodlock app! Apparently, one of the Goodlock updates caused some of the widgets to disappear, including the ones you've mentioned! I have my phone set up to "not" update things automatically. So, I did not update the Goodlock app, and I'm still able to access those widgets on my cover screen. I read multiple complaints regarding this under reviews on the Goodlock app in the Galaxy store. So, hopefully, Samsung will fix this soon!

GPR

Sep 23, 2023
Visit site
Hi all. I have the exact same problem As rjack22 I have lost the timer and stopwatch which is very frustrating as they are very useful. I had downloaded the clock app and it was about that time I think they dissappeared. I just uninstall the clock app, restarted and no difference. So any additional help or ideas will be great.

jlhiowa

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Any better for you after the September 22nd update? 🤞

I have the Sept 22 update and see Alarm, Stopwatch, and Timer in my Cover Screen widgets.

Reactions: mustang7757

GPR

Sep 23, 2023
Visit site
Success. I just updated the software following a notification and the stopwatch and timer widgets are back on the list to be toggled back onto the cover screen. Thanks all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230927_151332_Software update.jpg
    Screenshot_20230927_151332_Software update.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 19

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Again I ask, what update? Is it a system update or something else that needs updating? And if something else, where do I find it?

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
That is the same software version that I have on my phone. Widgets still messed up. Thanks for the clarification.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter