Cocktailbar service has stopped

eljeffe58

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
"Cocktailbar serice has stopped." Holy moly! I had to do a full restore. I could not find any way to use my phone. If I said, ok to the error notification, it just popped up a millisecond later; over, and over, and over without resolution. I had to quickly power off then do a full restore from boot. Dang. I had her running sweet too. I used Dodol launcher and installed Dodol locker for the lock screen a day or two ago. I think I will restore sans the locker and launcher apps. I also used a cleaner program called DU speed booster; that is definitely out. Anyone else have this happen? As I understand it, cocktailbar is related to the edge screen?

Last edited:

eljeffe58

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
It happened again after a completely clean restore and no non-stock apps. I am screwed. It took about 6 hours after the restore to kick in before the error appeared. My phone is un-useable. But, since this is an Edge panel matter, I am guessing it has to do with an update for one of the Edge panel apps. I have been on with "Samsung support" chat. I may be headed right for t mobile today. More later.

Last edited:

eljeffe58

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Well, without much fuss and with empathy, T Mobile is overnighting me a new (not refurbed) Edge. The way I described the severity of this, left the agent no choice but to throw in the towel sooner than later. I did not even have to dramatize the thing; it was so awful, it was dramatic in and of itself. I can be dramatic when it comes to my phone. Errors make me nuts and this was the topper of all time. Kudos to T-Mobile. They were really pro about heir handling of this. Keep in mind she is only 30 days old and I have premium protection-whatever that it.

Additional info: Later today after not getting the cocktail whatever error, I ventured into editing the edge favorites panel. Lo and behold I got edge panel error crashes when moving a few apps around. That tells me my edge panels software in general may be goofed up and who knows why. It must be MY phone because of 430 views so far on this solo thread, nobody seems to have had these issues. Looking forward to getting my new phone. :)

Last edited:

buckwildpimp101

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Mine did the same thing. It was a corrupt download of an updated app for the edge. I had to uninstall all of my apps for the edge. Then it stopped completely.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

eljeffe58

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Mine did the same thing. It was a corrupt download of an updated app for the edge. I had to uninstall all of my apps for the edge. Then it stopped completely.

Hey there! So glad my assessment sounds like it was on target. Do you know which app it was? Did u report it to Samsung to remove from the Galaxy app store if that is where it is? Or is it in the Google Play store? Is it the "Quick Contacts for Note Edge"? Thanks for the response.

buckwildpimp101

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Hey there! So glad my assessment sounds like it was on target. Do you know which app it was? Did u report it to Samsung to remove from the Galaxy app store if that is where it is? Or is it in the Google Play store? Is it the "Quick Contacts for Note Edge"? Thanks for the response.
That was the culprit. I don't know what they did to the app, but I really liked it. Hope they get it fixed soon.

eljeffe58

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
That was the culprit. I don't know what they did to the app, but I really liked it. Hope they get it fixed soon.

I have emailed the dev, Hoang Trung (ehz dot studios dot contact at gmail dot com). He says it has been addressed and to go grab the update. I'm not buying that line of reasoning. That is one mean bug. I have a feeling, just a feeling, he does not know how severe it is nor has it been properly updated.

dcmarch

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried this again after they suposably updated it. I don't want to factory reset again

Posted via the Android Central App

eljeffe58

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I won't mess with it. I'd like to run a test on it, but it's a mean bugger. I think just uninstalling the app will fix it from what I can sunrise.

chirazmw

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue on my S6 Edge after I changed the theme to "space".
I factory reset the phone and checked every app. It was all fine until I changed the them again.

Balhar Dosangh

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I just downloaded the Hulk theme from the Avengers section and it did this when I tried to go into Edge Settings.
Restored the original theme (didn't delete the Hulk one) and it's working again.

Peter Bermudez

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
I recently had the same problem and a friend told me to remove my theme and that seemed to fix my issue... maybe the theme was outdated or something. give it a try

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue, but figured out issue is caused by app "Home 2 shortcut" which I installed to launch camera when I double click home button. Strangely issue didn't not start immediately. It started after a week and finally uninstalling solved the issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nana Akua Aseidua

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Had same issue with my s6 edge, changed theme from White Pearl to default and it was working.....so probably it does not work without the default theme....SamSung should work it out

A

AC Question

how do I fix unfortunately cocktail bar service has stopped

I have a note 4 edge. Do not have it in a case or use themes.q

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: how do I fix unfortunately cocktail bar service has stopped

Mod Note, I will move this to the n4e forum for more visibility

elhifnawyplast

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
My note edge was perfect,today I wake up and i found this strange massage(unfortunately cocktailbar service has stopped) popping up every second,i restarted the cell more than ten times with no success,i do not know what happened,any help

i had the same problem this morning

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty