Multiwindow and multitasking on Note Pro 12.2

ioannisgk

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone! Can you share your own experience with multitasking and multiwindow apps on Note Pro 12.2? Which apps are you using and why?

Thank you!!!

kjell kjell

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
i think it is a good way to multitask because of the large screen.
it is pretty fluid because of the ammount of ram. and very easy to use.
i use mostly chrome and youtube.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
This looks good, have you tried it in Note 12.2? Is there a way to have multiple instances of chrome in multiwindow?

Yes, I've used this on one app on my Note 12.2". Works very well.

No, you cannot have multiple instances of chrome in multiwindow. (NO SOUP FOR YOU!)

That's not a limitation of the MW app, that's a limitation in the way that Samsung implemented the multi window. Bummer.

I even tried to drag a Chrome tab out from the main window and it world not detach.

There is a catch (small one) for using the MW app above. Make sure you read the app description carefully. Basically, you can not update the MW enabled apps normally anymore. You have to uninstall it first, reinstall it, run the MW conversion. Small price to pay for much more functionality.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I will be able to open multiple instances of chrome using the pen floating window feature, is that correct?

No, can't do that. The only way I know of to do that would be to install a cloned copy of the apk for each application that you want to run multiple instances of and install multiple copies of them.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Samsung GALAXY NotePRO 12.2 - Multi-Window-Modus: http://youtu.be/b_hQ6r0BRrM

Please see this video on 01:06 it shows that we can open 2 instances of an app. Does this work with chrome?

I never knew you could do that. I'll have to check tonight when I get home.

One other option is to run both the Chrome app and the Chrome Beta app at the same time. They are both Chrome but one is a but more bleeding edge (Beta) than the other. I've not tried this but it should work.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pps/details?id=com.chrome.beta&token=daK2G8Hs

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
What you see in that video is Samsung demonstrating that their application can do it. My Files is a preinstalled application that they enabled multiple instances for . . Direct answer: No, you cannot do that with Chrome.

You can do it with the stock web browser though.

I have not seen any root applications that enable that functionality but that doesnt mean they don't exist . . would love to see myself proven wrong.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I never knew you could do that. I'll have to check tonight when I get home.

One other option is to run both the Chrome app and the Chrome Beta app at the same time. They are both Chrome but one is a but more bleeding edge (Beta) than the other. I've not tried this but it should work.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pps/details?id=com.chrome.beta&token=uHRA_ZdU

I tested the Chrome app and Chrome Beta app both as pop up multi windows at the same time and it works just fine. See the picture.

(Note: the fonts in the screen shot don't look very sharp but they are just fine in the real apps. For some reason the screenshot distorted them slightly.)

Attachments

• 1421464253594.jpg
    1421464253594.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 26