Galaxy Note Pro SM-P905V glitching and apps automatically closing after 5.1.1 update

mikeymike8

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I have at Note Pro SM-P905V and everything was working great on 4.4.2, and then a few days ago I updated to 5.1.1 and now my home screen with the weather widget flashes (disappears and reappears) and my apps closes all of a sudden. When it automatically closes, it does not have an error message or any of that sort.

I have tried to downgrade the firmware using Odin v3.10.7 with all three 4.4.2 firmwares from sammobile and every time it says it "Failed".

I have reinstalled the 5.1.1 firmware 3 times and factory reset it many times. I took it to samsung at Best Buy and they did the same thing with no help.

Does anyone have an idea why my apps keeps closing automatically and does anyone know why I can't downgrade 5.1.1 back to 4.4.2?

Sincerely,

Mike

mikeymike8

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Thank you B. Diddy! Im glad to be part of the group!

I followed your recommendations and restarted the tablet in safe mode. Unfortunately it still does it when in safe mode.

What do you guys recommend me doing next?

Thank you,
Mike

mikeymike8

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I finally fixed it. So it was the sim card causing the problem. I took out the sim card and it works just fine now but without the LTE lol. but i stopped using the LTE for a long time now. Weird that everything was fine and upgraded to 5.1.1 and BAM it starts glitching due to the sim card.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the update! Perhaps you could try a new SIM card, to see if it's a problem with the SIM, or a gitch with the updated firmware.

capblye1

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for this tip!!
I recently updated my SM-P05V to 5.1.1 and have had the exact same issue.
I dont use the SIM card in mine either, so it wasn't a huge deal to remove it as well.

I don't think this is a defective SIM card. I think this is an issue with the 5.1.1 OS and the Samsung/Verizon apps.
It appears the screen is constantly refreshing and something in the background is constantly stealing focus, causing your app to be minimized. You can see the app doesn't actually ever close if you hit task manager.
My suspicion is the Verizon app is continuously trying to and failing to connect in the background.
Once you remove the SIM card, it stops trying to connect.

This wouldn't necessarily be an issue for all the users that actually activated the SIM card and use it. Once they upgraded from 4.4 to 5.1, they reactivated the SIM and proceeded as normal.
For those of us who do not want to use the SIM, this appears to be a side effect now.

Rooting these is possible, but if you don't want to root it, simply pull the SIM card and the issue resolves.

Thanks again!!

MYRON64

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Remove the simms card if you ar not using the phone feature. Apparently there is a conflict. between os 5.1.1 and the simms causing your issue. That fixed mine.