software update?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Depends on where you got it from. If you went to settings and updated from there, you are good to go!
If you had a popup appear on your screen randomly, then I'd be dubious...

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Auto updated for me. Can't see anything different so it must have been bug fixes or security update or both. It would be nice if they let us know what is in the update.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If it's not in the update description, it's probably just a 'quick update', and for security update confirmation people just check what the security patch version is before and after the update.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
If it's not in the update description, it's probably just a 'quick update', and for security update confirmation people just check what the security patch version is before and after the update.
I had to do a complete reset after the update. I tried clearing the caches and some other tricks. Would not have been bad but I was flying to India 2 days later. Resetting the tablet really has made it perform better. The problem I had was it did not do a restore from backup. I had to manually update everything.

I was able to get it set up enough for my trip to India. Next time when I am in a hurry I will hold off on updates.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I had to do a complete reset after the update. I tried clearing the caches and some other tricks. Would not have been bad but I was flying to India 2 days later. Resetting the tablet really has made it perform better. The problem I had was it did not do a restore from backup. I had to manually update everything.

I was able to get it set up enough for my trip to India. Next time when I am in a hurry I will hold off on updates.

Yup, always good to do those things 'at home' with plenty of time to spare in case anything goes awry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38