What Browser is Everyone Using??

CZ Eddie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know of any browser that will either synch with my Chrome bookmarks or at least allow me to import my Chrome bookmarks?

Or IE bookmarks?

jbrandonf

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I want to use the stock browser so bad but mine is functionally unusable. Can anyone else confirm this behavior?:

I often leave browser tabs open because I'm always reading something online. Now when I leave my browser (long enough for the phone to clear the cache) and come back to the browser all the open tabs I had are gone. This was the same on my Sensation and I was forced to use Dolphin HD because I need to be able to leave browser windows open. I will never use Dolphin again for the lies they told about webzine but that's beside the point. Can anyone else confirm that their stock browser functions the same way?

eddieras

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
i just downloaded opera - not bad so far (been using xscope). but i don't see tabs on opera tho it says it has tab browsing - anyone?

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Dolphin Browser because it has given me the most consistent experience on Android.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
thanks - but that's not the same as tabbed - their FAQ's show actual tabs at the top of each web page.

Are you referring to the drawing in the "learn more" section? I think that's just a drawing and not the exact implementation of tabbed browsing on Opera Mobile (The desktop version looks like that, though).

CZ Eddie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know of any browser that will either synch with my Chrome bookmarks or at least allow me to import my Chrome bookmarks?

Or IE bookmarks?

I found an app called MyBookmarks:

https://market.android.com/details?...iY29tLnJlcndhcmUuYW5kcm9pZC5NeUJvb2ttYXJrcyJd

It lets you import your Internet Explorer favorites into the stock Android browser. Then I think you can probably import into Dolphin your Android browser favs.
And it did let me import into Android Browser just fine. EXCEPT it doesn't keep the folder structure. So it's almost useless.
C'mon GOOGLE, get your act together!
Chromemarks is still the best favorites utility so far I guess.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
i just bought this phone and cant seem to find how to activate text reflow in the stock browser. when i zoom in and double tap it goes back to zoom out and i did check autofit pages... and even restarted the browser but it doesnt work on any pages. any help would be appreciated. thank you

Last edited:

sindoc

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi I am new here. Just shifted from symbian. Am a long term opera mini user. Opera Mobile for desktop like browsing.UC browser is very good as a opera mini replacement. You should check it out. It will import and export bookmarks from a text file.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

djrbx

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Personally I use Opera. I don't like how scrolling acts in both the stock and dolphin browsers whereas in Opera, scrolling stays at a constant speed. Also, I like the fact that you could set a custom browser user-agent to mask it and make the browser seem like Google Chrome for example.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
thank you everyone for your replies. I dl-d opera and using it now. the text reflow on it is flawless. although i'm a bit surprised and disappointed to find that skyrocket stock browser is lacking such a simple gesture while my Motorola Atrix's stock browser fully supports it.

djrbx

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
thank you everyone for your replies. I dl-d opera and using it now. the text reflow on it is flawless. although i'm a bit surprised and disappointed to find that skyrocket stock browser is lacking such a simple gesture while my Motorola Atrix's stock browser fully supports it.

If you do not like getting redirected to mobile sites, type this in your address bar

opera:config

Under "Quick find" search for

Click on done and you should see your User Prefs.
In this section you should also see "Custom User-Agent"
In the Custom User-Agent field type

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/A.B (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/X.Y.Z.W Safari/A.B.

Then save.
Restart your browser and Opera should act like google chrome on most sites instead of defaulting to the mobile version.

I do this because setting the User-Agent under settings don't seem to work with any browser including Dolphin, especially when browsing forums. This seems like it's the only way to get the majority of sites to recognize your mobile browser as a standard browser.

Reactions: dalvik

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
If you do not like getting redirected to mobile sites, type this in your address bar...
thank you! this is very useful as I tried to track a usps shipment for the past two days and their mobile site sucks. However I think mobile sites always save you data since they dont load a full blown page.
edit:
just switched to user agent in settings to desktop. seems to be working for me. usps site no longer starts in mobile but in a desktop mode. this forum as well.. i should test out some more sites though.

Last edited:

jbrandonf

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
thank you! this is very useful as I tried to track a usps shipment for the past two days and their mobile site sucks. However I think mobile sites always save you data since they dont load a full blown page.
edit:
just switched to user agent in settings to desktop. seems to be working for me. usps site no longer starts in mobile but in a desktop mode. this forum as well.. i should test out some more sites though.

Doesn't using this cause android to be under-represented onsite logs?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo