Skyrocket Update to 2.3.6 anyone?

Philter05

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Tried to install. Waited 15 min after the process shut my phone down. Tried to boot again and now it's saying the process was interrupted and it's making me wait another 24 hours as usual. I guess I was too impatient. Didn't think anything would process if the phone was shut down. ???

highstar

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
My install took maybe 8-10 minutes. Coming from 10 years with a Blackberry I was very pleased how easy and quick things went. Haven't noticed any changes but will post when i do..

CZ Eddie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Can you guys who installed it go to settings/about phone/ and let us know what modem it's using? Still on UCKJ2?

Maybe do a before/after AnTuTu & SpeedTest for those who haven't installed it yet, to see if it improves anything performance-wise.

CZ Eddie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Looks like Bubby is going to upload a Rooted // Deodexed // Zipaligned 2.3.6 ROM sometime tonight.
It appears to have UCKK1 modem.

jldoom

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Not in a rush, I'll wait to hear what's new with this change. It's working fine now without it, so hopefully I'm not missing much.

I was hoping for a native LTE on/off switch rather than that 3rd party App, though that's working out fine except that it doesn't remember the setting once you turn off your phone.

X-BerryAddict

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Anyone take the plunge and update yet? Notice any differences?

Just updated, took less than 5 minutes, new modem UCKK1. Was pleasantly surprised that it;
kept root, launcher pro stayed active, all widgets returned, and all bloatware I had "frozen" stayed frozen
, inside can see 22 satellites, in use 13 all bars orange=10-20 SNR, fired up maps, less than 2 seconds lock, boot-up seemed faster (?) speed test results before upgrade avg of 3 tests= 3.84mbps down/.90mbps up, after 7.36/4.35 on 4G, still waiting on LTE turn up here in Austin Tx :D

Reactions: planoman

CZ Eddie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
speed test results before upgrade avg of 3 tests= 3.84mbps down/.90mbps up, after 7.36/4.35 on 4G, still waiting on LTE turn up here in Austin Tx :D

Wait, what? You got 4.35 up in Austin?
Damn, that's 3.15 faster than I've ever seen.
I did pull down 9.75 at 12PM on OEM 2.3.5 ROM at the post office in Round Rock today. I've never seen that type of download speed before 9PM before.

cajunlte

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Is it me or have speeds increased on the new radio firmware on HSPA? I also noticed some changes that I didn't see before on the camera.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

X-BerryAddict

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
"speed test results before upgrade avg of 3 tests= 3.84mbps down/.90mbps up, after 7.36/4.35 on 4G..."
Oops, sorry for the typo! it should read 1.35 :-\, One thing I noticed today at work in "downtown" Austin, is since the update I am constantly switching between 4G and Edge (2G), with 4 bars of signal.
"I did pull down 9.75 at 12PM on OEM 2.3.5 ROM at the post office in Round Rock today"
I'm in Cedar Park, BTW

kaede177

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
wow no change log yet? if anyone plans to upgrade can you take note if Swype changes versions?

Mine is stock rooted with Swype beta installed. I hear we will keep our root but i dunno what might happen with Swype cuz that's my only major change to the phone. Thanks!