Tronyx

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Since the 2.3.6 update I have noticed a lot of lag on my phone. It is VERY noticeable when texting and the keyboard lags something fierce. I also notice it in a lot of the card games, like Solitaire, and other apps as well.

When I first got the SR it was running fantastic, best phone I've ever had. Even after rooting it was fine. Then the 2.3.6 update was released so I had to go back to Stock ROM, update and root again. Because I did that all in one shot I'm not sure if there was lag on 2.3.6 before I rooted or not, but simply rooting the phone shouldn't cause such issues. I have SetCPU installed, but I reset it to default so it's not actually doing anything.

Anyone have any suggestions? I was think of going back to Stock ROM (2.3.5) and seeing if I still noticed the issues or not and if not, trying the upgrade to 2.3.6 again.

Any/all advice is appreciated.

Chris

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
2.3.6 worked flawlessly on my phone no lag at all. it also had the best battery life. I've also noticed that sometimes rooting messes up the phone, after rooting my phone at one point i had frequent freezes and FCs. now I'm running an alternative rom based on ICS leak and it is very smooth. you may try to reflash to 2.3.5 and start from the fresh install
Edit:
also it would be good to do a Darkside Super Wipe right before you flash with odin this way you'll have a completely clean device

Last edited:

Tronyx

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Trev. What's the best way for me to do a backup before a wipe? Noob question I know, but I want to make sure I do it right.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
You can pick up Titanium backup Pro from the market I guess... its one of the best backup apps out there has many other options too...

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
You can pick up Titanium backup Pro from the market I guess... its one of the best backup apps out there has many other options too...

That and a backup in clockworkmod recovery is always a good idea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Tronyx

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I was never sure on whether or not the NAND Backups from CWM stayed after a wipe or not. I'm assuming that they do since that is your recommendation.

Chris

Steve Punter

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I use Nandroid Backup all the time. If you have an external SD card installed in your phone, then CWM will automatically store the backup there. If you have an fears that it will be lost, either pull the external card after the backup to protect it and/or copy the backup to the hard drive on your computer.