"Battery Disconnected" after upgrade to JellyBean

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a black SGS2 Skyrocket off of eBay, supposedly "new", but obviously a refurbished product but in like new condition and it came with ICS, everything worked fine... Installed my AT&T Net10 SIM, setup APNs, charged and everything seemed completely normal. Used it for a day or so with no issues, so then I connect it to Kies and got the upgrade to JB prompt, did the upgrade (which went normally) and everything seemed OK for a few minutes but then I got a warning that the "Battery Disconnected" and it wouldn't charge, powered off and connected power and go the battery icon with yellow triangle and no charge, factory default via recovery didn't help. Went back into Kies and did an Initialize and reflashed the stock JellyBean from Samsung, same issue, won't charge, if I go into the *#*#4636#*#* menu and look at the Battery information it says everything is fine, connect charger or USB on computer and it says "Unknown error" and won't charge.

Out of curiosity, I ODIN'd back to stock ICS 4.0.4 and everything was fine, charging powered off or on is completely normal. Upgrade to JellyBean again and the same issues, won't charge and Battery Disconnect warning, flash back to ICS and everything is fine. Tried several chargers, Samsung, HTC, and LG OEM (all 1A rated), car charger, USB on PC, same result with all chargers and a second battery.

I tried all the stuff I found online since it seems that others have had similar issues, clean contacts, factory default, even "gently tapping" on the desktop, but nothing seems to work on this phone to get it to charge with JellyBean installed.

I don't understand what the problem is... obviously the hardware is OK, on ICS everything works great, and the JB upgrade has been out for a while and most people have no issues so the software is likely not bad, so what else is there? What am I missing? I am hesitant to root and install TWRP and a ROM because once I do I am pretty much stuck with it and there is a chance I can still return it, waiting on the seller to get back to me.

EDIT: This: "Battery Disconnect" Possible Solutions - xda-developers went up in response to mine and others issues on this today, seems like a lot of BS to go through just to upgrade but sometimes Sammies are a little finicky I guess.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a black SGS2 Skyrocket off of eBay, supposedly "new", but obviously a refurbished product but in like new condition and it came with ICS, everything worked fine... Installed my AT&T Net10 SIM, setup APNs, charged and everything seemed completely normal. Used it for a day or so with no issues, so then I connect it to Kies and got the upgrade to JB prompt, did the upgrade (which went normally) and everything seemed OK for a few minutes but then I got a warning that the "Battery Disconnected" and it wouldn't charge, powered off and connected power and go the battery icon with yellow triangle and no charge, factory default via recovery didn't help. Went back into Kies and did an Initialize and reflashed the stock JellyBean from Samsung, same issue, won't charge, if I go into the *#*#4636#*#* menu and look at the Battery information it says everything is fine, connect charger or USB on computer and it says "Unknown error" and won't charge.

Out of curiosity, I ODIN'd back to stock ICS 4.0.4 and everything was fine, charging powered off or on is completely normal. Upgrade to JellyBean again and the same issues, won't charge and Battery Disconnect warning, flash back to ICS and everything is fine. Tried several chargers, Samsung, HTC, and LG OEM (all 1A rated), car charger, USB on PC, same result with all chargers and a second battery.

I tried all the stuff I found online since it seems that others have had similar issues, clean contacts, factory default, even "gently tapping" on the desktop, but nothing seems to work on this phone to get it to charge with JellyBean installed.

I don't understand what the problem is... obviously the hardware is OK, on ICS everything works great, and the JB upgrade has been out for a while and most people have no issues so the software is likely not bad, so what else is there? What am I missing? I am hesitant to root and install TWRP and a ROM because once I do I am pretty much stuck with it and there is a chance I can still return it, waiting on the seller to get back to me.

EDIT: This: "Battery Disconnect" Possible Solutions - xda-developers went up in response to mine and others issues on this today, seems like a lot of BS to go through just to upgrade but sometimes Sammies are a little finicky I guess.

In this case, I think the blame is the carrier. They were the last to touch the ROM before sending it to the device. You could root it and flash a custom ROM like AOKP or Cyanogen.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
In this case, I think the blame is the carrier. They were the last to touch the ROM before sending it to the device. You could root it and flash a custom ROM like AOKP or Cyanogen.
This is my next step, going to install TWRP and if that goes well flash in the JB radios, then Beanstalk or CyanogenMod and see what happens. I have no real interest is staying "stock", was just progressing slowly thinking stock JB might be nice to get used to then progressing on to a custom ROM. Nice part about this device is it is almost impossible to brick if you pay attention, so work case scenario it isn't hard to flash back to stock ICS.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This is my next step, going to install TWRP and if that goes well flash in the JB radios, then Beanstalk or CyanogenMod and see what happens. I have no real interest is staying "stock", was just progressing slowly thinking stock JB might be nice to get used to then progressing on to a custom ROM. Nice part about this device is it is almost impossible to brick if you pay attention, so work case scenario it isn't hard to flash back to stock ICS.

Best of luck flashing the ROM. If you need any help, I can try my best.