Samsung galaxy s2 banned in europe

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung galaxy s2 banned on europe

Immediately it would have no effect on those who already own one. In the future though it means that if the patent and ruling are upheld in the future then what ever change Samsung makes to the gallery will show up in any new software updates that come out. So if they released an official 2.3.4 update it would have to have this change in it or be breaking the court order.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

A Dutch judge today ruled that the "slide to lock" patent is "probably not valid".

Duggald

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Been following this case with a very personal eye, having a GS2 myself. Initial reports of the case made it sound like every handset had to be sent back.
Thankfully it's just the gallery flip animation. Relatively easy fix for Samsung.

I view it as a win for Samsung, despite the ban. Only one patent got through, and a simple one at that. It'll be lifted by October 13th for sure.

Maybe it'll also speed up the 2.3.4 update, a win on our part. :D

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

Well, if it's true that the new SGS2 is coming with a 4.5" super amoled+ display, I may just trade in my Infuse! The screen was keeping me from going to the SGS2. Now, there is no reason not to. This seems to be an easy fix for Samsung. I can't help but wonder what else Apple is going to do to try to stop Samsung product sales. I wish they'd put their energy into innovation instead of lawsuits. I think the bad PR may hurt them, in the end.

Empathy

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

I used to hate apple products but liked them as a company but now i just hate them they are getting a bad reputation:-\

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

I like Sammy and can't wait for the GSII to come for Sprint but you can't really blame them for trying to stop the treat that Sammy is doing to them with this phone. In the other hand if your success is due to my hard work i would sue you to and try to stop you from coping me. I hope that Sammy wins so i can still get my GSII...

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

I was a Mac'er way back when. No doubt, Apple has lead the others in innovation. I know they have to protect their patents, but you can't patent everything. I'm a little embarassed for them after they submitted that doctored picture of the Galaxy Tab as evidence of patent infringement. Well, they've been proactive for so long, maybe it's their turn to react. I don't know. They don't make me feel like they're the company to watch anymore, especially with Steve Jobs gone. I do hope he's okay.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo