When to Charge Battery?

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Is it better for the battery to let it drain almost all the way down? Before charging?

Or just charge when ever? Or does it matter.

What will be best on battery to make it last longer?

skulldroid67

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery

If it's a new device you might want to let it drain all the way down and charge up completely the first few times. This helps "break in" a new battery in my experience. Once that's been done I personally would let it go to about 20% before charging. Also doing a complete discharge and recharge once a month is a good habit to get into for maintenance reasons. YMMV of course. ;)

Reactions: nonie
Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
^ agreed. I'm assuming you have a lithium ion battery..it doesn't really matter when you charge it and you can't over-charge the battery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Is there a setting so it will notify me at some point when battery is extremely low?
I have't found one yet.

By draining do you mean let it completely drain to the point it shuts off?
How long should I expect for it to take to charge if I do that?

Do I need car charger or will plugging into USB port charge it? If i need car charger, do i need "OEM" Charger by Samsung?

skulldroid67

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site

This is a nice article for further reading; here.

From home screen select---settings--- Power Saving Mode---select Use Power Saving Mode---below that you can select further settings for power saving---examples---30%--50% etc. Below that there are even more settings you can adjust to help conserve battery.

I just got my S II and am not pleased at all with how rapidly the battery discharges so I am also looking into additional battery saving tips.

Yes, by draining I mean let it got to ZERO and then fully charge it with the device OFF preferably. I can't answer if you need a car charger or not...that depends on you. I'd would charge it up with the USB cable that came with it either on AC power or plugged into a USB port.

Hope this helps...:)

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

I did find what your talking about and did change some settings. Is the lower setting better as far as conserving battery? It came set at fifty % , would ten or thirty be better?

As far as charging in the car, is the only way to charge while in the car, a car charger?

skulldroid67

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Please disregard what I told you earlier. I've been doing a lot of homework on battery management for mobile devices.

I've since learned that it's not necessary to drain it down to zero. You will be better off putting the device on charge once it's between 10 - 20 percent. Make sure to power it off, give it a full charge, unplug, boot up and enjoy.

Leaving the device on while charging or keeping it on the charger after its done is counter productive.

Reminder; I'm no expert, just a guy who likes to learn and loves tweaking mobile devices.

Check out battery university dot com. Lots of info there about the Li-ion batteries. :D

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Skulldroid67, that is the way I charge my android tablet, when it gets to 15%, a screen comes up showing battery low.
Does gs2 notify us, when its low?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87