SGS 2 with 4.1.2

darknk

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey gang,

Just wanted to share, I installed the official 4.1.2 firmware released in Spain yesterday from SamMobile's site. Works really well, no glitches, very smooth. I'm with Virgin Mobile Canada. It was one file flashed with Odin, no data wiping.

Here's the before/after:
SGS 2 (I9100M) on stock 4.0.3(not rooted) ==> 4.1.2 :)

Attachments

• SS.png
    SS.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

P4UL

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey darknk,

Thanks for the heads up. Glad everything went smoothly :)
For the benefit of noobs like myself, would you mind sharing a step by step process with me? Was it necessary to change the CSC code since the Spanish firmware CSC differs from your stock Canadian CSC?

Have done lots of reading up on this, but find that most instructions pertain to Rooting along with the firmware flash, which I am not interested in doing at the moment (baby steps. lol)

Thanks in advance :D

darknk

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
It's good to be very careful, I always only flash it if I can afford to loose it.
:)
No changes were done on my part.

I read that you can just download the file and flash it using the pda part of Odin, and it works since its not a custom rom. I'm locked to virgin btw, that did not change anything for me.

Steps that worked for me:
Download file from sammobile and unzip
Download and install latest desktop odin
Put phone in download mode by powering off, then holding volume down, power and home buttons together.
Connect to USB
Add the unzipped file from sammobile by clicking the pda button then press start after it validates the file.

Here its a good guide:
androidfirmwares.net/Guide/Details/2

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

darknk

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Ics was a little better for me for battery.

I currently last the day by syncing only my mail, calendar and contacts, plus I turn off wifi, bluetooth, data and GPS when I'm not using the phone.

It did take a couple days for my battery to "adjust". After a week it was better, I think the battery info was off and it took a couple discharges to correct it.

Sent from my SGS II

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii