Wallpapers Resizing After 4.1.2 Update

rax369

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

After a loooooong waiting time... yesterday I was finally offered to make the update to 4.1.2

Since then, one annoying thing I've noticed, is that none of my old wallpapers, already resized to 480x800 (the native SGS2 screen size) fits any more correctly.

All of them have now to be "square cropped", then later zoomed, losing obviously its clear image quality.

Does any one knows how to correct this annoying "new behavior" ???

TIA.-

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

After a loooooong waiting time... yesterday I was finally offered to make the update to 4.1.2

Since then, one annoying thing I've noticed, is that none of my old wallpapers, already resized to 480x800 (the native SGS2 screen size) fits any more correctly.

All of them have now to be "square cropped", then later zoomed, losing obviously its clear image quality.

Does any one knows how to correct this annoying "new behavior" ???

TIA.-

DO you have a scrolling wallpaper? That may be part of the problem. Otherwise, do you have the original photos? I would suggest to load one that was unedited, and see what happens. I think the S2 crops it down a little when it makes image a wallpaper.

AngDel

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I've also had this issue. My pics are a perfect size and when setting as wallpaper or for my lock screen, it will only zoom in/out using a square format, so body and legs are gone and the face is zoomed in. A head shoulder shot is worse as eyes, nose and mouth get zoomed in... I'm using go launcher on my galaxy s2.
Any help will be appreciated.

Fortescew

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Wy,wy, wy do they change this? I spent hours finding, croping, resizing my pix to fit the screen (S2) and now they go and do this. Not eaven the option "Would you like to crop pic".
Wished in never upgraded to jelly 2.1.2. Anway, finished moaning now.
I managed to keep my pix for backscreen by using an external app, Wallpaper Wizardii, it let's you set the 480x800 (in full) so there's no croping.
As for the lockscreen,,, no luck there. Have to get new pix in 1920x1920 an crop them when i set it, but should you find another way to do it, please let me know.

Best of luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana