What do you expect with the Sprint variant of the Galaxy S II

sweetmonster457

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
i can't find any news about the Samsung Galaxy S2 coming to SPRINT, but I'm assuming it will make it in some way, shape, or form. I'd like it to be 4g and as close to the European version as possible (NO keyboard)
I hope they don't make us wait too long with the EVO 3D coming out soon (which i was totally sold on until just recently)...

I predict early September unfortunately... :/
I do plan on this being my next SPRINT phone though. Now someone with real answers say something :D

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I am anxiously waiting for GSII for Sprint. I am so desperate for this device that I would have got international version to use on AT&T but am a student and Sprint plans are much more economically priced. I had Epic before and I loved it. I am also worried that Sprint would push its release date in favor of giving Evo 3D a chance. I believe that extra power, speed enhancements and features on GSII are much more useful and practical than Evo 3D. I still can't decide if I would want a keyboard on this device though. While I liked it on Epic, I think with a 4.3" screen, soft keyboard would be good enough. Plus no matter how good they are, hardware keyboards have its own issues and concerns and may add complexity updates. Two things I do want Sprint version to have - a notification LED and hardware camera key.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I want to see how it compares to the evo 3d before I order the international version. I keep watching those you tube videos and the phone is very impressive.

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I would really hope for a keyboard variant of the Galaxy S2. The Epic 4G is one of my most favorite phones and I miss it sorely even now on VZW with the Thunderbolt (I am currently a VZW employee). I'm surprised only Sprint got a Galaxy S with a keyboard, even its home market of South Korea never got it.

mkvoran#AC

May 13, 2011
Visit site
No keyboard on the Sprint Version

Looks like we have some proof of life for a Sprint and Verizon version. Also looks like the form factor will be very close, if the the same - as the GSM version.

http://pocketnow.com/android/galaxy-s-2-us-carrier-branding-confirmed

NICE. I'm thinking this is a great sign that there will be no keyboard on the Sprint version.

Also - accessories online already? If this is accurate - a launch may be coming sooner that we think. I just need to see the CDMA version hit the FCC and then I'll be STOKED.

As for what I want to see:

1. no keyboard
2. hardware camera key
3. Global Capabale (just add in the CDMA and leave those quad GSM bands in there!)

Benny879

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Looks like we have some proof of life for a Sprint and Verizon version. Also looks like the form factor will be very close, if the the same - as the GSM version.

Galaxy S 2 US Carrier Branding Confirmed?

NICE. I'm thinking this is a great sign that there will be no keyboard on the Sprint version.

Also - accessories online already? If this is accurate - a launch may be coming sooner that we think. I just need to see the CDMA version hit the FCC and then I'll be STOKED.

As for what I want to see:

1. no keyboard
2. hardware camera key
3. Global Capabale (just add in the CDMA and leave those quad GSM bands in there!)

Great find! Awesome news and I'm now stoked for 5/24.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Except for the fact it has "an opening on the case to use the kickstand on the phone"...

What kickstand?

I don't buy this one bit... Each carrier will make their alterations, and I doubt there will be an LTE radio small enough to fit this form factor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress