Draco Design Metal Bumper S3 Case Review

Oli2k

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
what does "asu" mean oli?

I'm not 100% but the dBm is the important one

Here is the Wiki on asu

ASU or "Arbitrary Strength Unit" is an integer value proportional to the received signal strength measured by the mobile phone.

It is possible to calculate the real signal strength measured in dBm (and thereby power in Watts) by a formula. However, there are different formulas for 2G and 3G networks.

In GSM networks, ASU is equal to the RSSI (received signal strength indicator, see TS 27.007).

dBm = 2 ? ASU - 113, ASU in the range of 0..31 and 99

In UMTS networks, ASU is equal the RSCP level (received signal code power, see TS 25.125)

dBm = ASU - 116, ASU in the range of -5..91

It is widely misbelieved that ASU = "Active Set update". The Active Set Update is a signalling message used in handover procedures of UMTS and CDMA mobile telephony standards. On Android phones the acronym ASU has nothing to do with Active Set Update. It has not been declared precisely by Google developers. (see NeighboringCellInfo)

Kench33

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
No the higher it is means it's better. And those are negative numbers.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
my leather flip case just got delivered about 24hours after ordering via amazon :) its not the sturdiest of cases but realy slick + good for my pocket

Oli2k

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I can assure you it wouldn't come off no matter what you did, the 2 screws hold it on very tightly.

It is a very nice case but the signal drop and price would put me right off. Mine will be going on ebay I think

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a TPU bumper from ebay for $2.50 to see if I like the "bumper" cases. If I do I may consider ordering one of the cheaper knock offs with screws. They usually run around $15-$20.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89