How to

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
yeah i'm having to reinstalling kies now due to it freezing up everytime i connect the phone/now it won't load up >-<
edit: Is this 2.2? How to Upgrade Galaxy S to Android 2.2

Yes that is Froyo android 2.2

But this is not the official version. you should research a tutorial about getting it back to stock 2.1 before you do this. because in order to get the official update you will need to be back to stock

Reactions: jmo4267

jmo4267

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'll check if kies has the update, if not i will try that method..hopefully i won't screw up ;-;
edit2: oh ok, i'll look at how to get back to stock 2.1 also then. If i upgrade to 2.2 will it screw up my 3G/HSDPA/Wifi connectivity? I don't want that happening :S

Last edited:

jmo4267

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Oookay! 2.2 (Froyo) will be rolled out for the Samsung Galaxy s in australia this month/next month sometime. So i'll wait till then..in other words, is there any other way i can use my mobile as a webcam? :(

khsharpe

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
"Oookay! 2.2 (Froyo) will be rolled out for the Samsung Galaxy s in australia this month/next month sometime. So i'll wait till then.."

my Galaxy S is with Optus - they gave me notification sms with link to optus online which then gave me a link to Samsung Australia website's Androis 2.2 upgrade a few weeks back. (link below)
my Kies had stopped functioning also after i'f tried upgrading it from the Samsung site so i uninstalled it and re-installed it from the link on the Samsung upgrade page. It seems to now work perfectly except tha soem warnning pops up everytime o load it saying some thong about usb not functioning??. Using Kies the upgrade to Android 2.2 went flawlessly ...
goodluck and hope this helps

Samsung Galaxy S - Phone Firmware Update - Support - Samsung Mobile Australia

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
"Oookay! 2.2 (Froyo) will be rolled out for the Samsung Galaxy s in australia this month/next month sometime. So i'll wait till then.."

my Galaxy S is with Optus - they gave me notification sms with link to optus online which then gave me a link to Samsung Australia website's Androis 2.2 upgrade a few weeks back. (link below)
my Kies had stopped functioning also after i'f tried upgrading it from the Samsung site so i uninstalled it and re-installed it from the link on the Samsung upgrade page. It seems to now work perfectly except tha soem warnning pops up everytime o load it saying some thong about usb not functioning??. Using Kies the upgrade to Android 2.2 went flawlessly ...
goodluck and hope this helps

Samsung Galaxy S - Phone Firmware Update - Support - Samsung Mobile Australia

Thank you for your contribution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress