Broken screen S10 - what do I need to buy to fix.

sdmf

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
hey guys, I'm sure I'm not the only one to have had this happen. Dropped my regular S10, and now only get half a screen. It worked for a few days, with the bottom half flickering (like it was shorting out) and now its toast.

All touch and on screen fingerprint functions work, but a completely black bottom half kind of makes it difficult to use LOL, more like useless.

I want to order some parts and try to fix myself, but not sure what I will need to fix (seeing as all the buttons still work).

Thoughts? Here's a pic....

thanks in advance.

Attachments

• S10 screen.jpg
    S10 screen.jpg
    963.4 KB · Views: 18

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
hey guys, I'm sure I'm not the only one to have had this happen. Dropped my regular S10, and now only get half a screen. It worked for a few days, with the bottom half flickering (like it was shorting out) and now its toast.

All touch and on screen fingerprint functions work, but a completely black bottom half kind of makes it difficult to use LOL, more like useless.

I want to order some parts and try to fix myself, but not sure what I will need to fix (seeing as all the buttons still work).

Thoughts? Here's a pic....

thanks in advance.
Hi, if you haven't done a screen replacement before , I recommend you take it to a repair center so you don't damage anything further.
If you like to still attempt this https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Samsung_Galaxy_S10

sdmf

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I've done them in the past so not worried about that. More curious what parts I need exactly.... I don't want to buy everything, just the items I need based on my symptoms.

Hi, if you haven't done a screen replacement before , I recommend you take it to a repair center so you don't damage anything further.
If you like to still attempt this https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Samsung_Galaxy_S10

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks I've done them in the past so not worried about that. More curious what parts I need exactly.... I don't want to buy everything, just the items I need based on my symptoms.
If you go to that site they sell what you need for that job. Your welcome!

sdmf

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks man. I checked it out but can't see anything that says something to the effect of: if part of display is black and touch functions and everything else works then you just need to replace xyz part. Know what I mean?
If you go to that site they sell what you need for that job. Your welcome!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks man. I checked it out but can't see anything that says something to the effect of: if part of display is black and touch functions and everything else works then you just need to replace xyz part. Know what I mean?
You'll need a new display

sdmf

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
What case was it in....so I know what to stay away from
I think it was a spigen something. I like thinner cases. But in this instance I dropped phone while walking in basement and it did a flip floppy and bounced off of one of my support posts, so likely would have happened with any case on there.