Here Comes One UI 2.5

1eyejack

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Nothing on T-mobile S10.

Got it on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e yesterday. Would have thought the phone would have gotten before the tablet...

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
To Motor Mike: To close up your hint about my mysterious status bar icon, it is indeed the indication that battery saver has been activated. After charging to 100% it disappeared and then reappeared when my battery got to 66% which activated the power mode module automatically which if I turned it off from the notification screen made the icon disappear. Thank you for the hint.

MotorMike2020

Apr 14, 2020
Visit site
To Motor Mike: To close up your hint about my mysterious status bar icon, it is indeed the indication that battery saver has been activated. After charging to 100% it disappeared and then reappeared when my battery got to 66% which activated the power mode module automatically which if I turned it off from the notification screen made the icon disappear. Thank you for the hint.

Very welcome !
I'm curious, did that icon appear right after you had upgraded to 2.5 by itself? (and activate the power save mode too I guess)... wonder if anyone else has seen this too?

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
That is correct. My normal method of operating was to charge the phone overnight every other day. The first day it would run down to about 70% and the second day down to about 40% and then I would recharge that night. Never saw the icon until the second day after the 2.5 install when it ran below 66% the icon just showed up. So I guess installing the 2.5 turned on power saving which activates below 66% automatically. Can't notice any performance difference when power saving is activated as compared to when it isn't, so I'm just going to let it do its thing. I get great battery life as compared to what I hear other people complain about. Of course I'm not on the phone or playing games all day long, I just do talking and some internet browsing and email checking during the day. I could probably go 3-4 days between charges if I wanted to push it.

Thanks again for the clue. It was bugging me. Have a nice weekend.