Will Samsung accept a device with micro scratches as a trade in?

cocob89

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung.com S10/+: Pre-Order Thread

I have a small dent in the speaker grill. Other than that the phone is perfect. Samsung is really that anal about trade-ins? I’m starting to second guess going through Samsung. Maybe I should cancel and go they Best Buy.
I've heard horror stories about their trade in process. If Best Buy will let me preorder the Verizon variant without having to use my upgrade, I might just as a stand by method until I can get a clear answer on the scratch from Samsung. Both reps I talked to already said two completely different things. One said the phone would be disqualified with no value, the other said it may be eligible and to send it and find out. Not playing that game and going through the hassle of trying to get it back if it doesn't haha

brian fox2

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
Read me! Helpful info for trade in rejections!

Just a bit of "Good News" for those who are reading this thread. Samsung has confirmed in their "Terms Document" as well as via a Phone call with support - They will now RETURN your rejected phone to you at your request!

Basically the way I understand it to work is that if they reject your phone they will send you an email saying you have x number or days to let them know you would like the phone back. They will than return the phone to you at no cost (I believe).

Bit of extra VERY helpful information is that if your trade in gets rejected and you SWEAR there was no issue or if you disagree with the reason it was rejected you can FIGHT IT! MAKE SURE TO TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR PHONE before you send it in because this could be evidence in your case ESPECIALLY if the phone gets cracked during shipping.

Good luck all!:cool:

Jaytee2014

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Same here, I have a tiny dent on the edge. Pix attached. I wonder if this is acceptable.

Attachments

• 20190225_012914.jpg
    20190225_012914.jpg
    379.5 KB · Views: 14

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Read me! Helpful info for trade in rejections!

Just a bit of "Good News" for those who are reading this thread. Samsung has confirmed in their "Terms Document" as well as via a Phone call with support - They will now RETURN your rejected phone to you at your request!

Basically the way I understand it to work is that if they reject your phone they will send you an email saying you have x number or days to let them know you would like the phone back. They will than return the phone to you at no cost (I believe).

Bit of extra VERY helpful information is that if your trade in gets rejected and you SWEAR there was no issue or if you disagree with the reason it was rejected you can FIGHT IT! MAKE SURE TO TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR PHONE before you send it in because this could be evidence in your case ESPECIALLY if the phone gets cracked during shipping.

Good luck all!:cool:
Not so sure about that. This is right from their website regarding the return of a phone if you don't like their final offer for it --

Easy return policy
If you are not fully satisfied, you can return your merchandise for a refund within 14 days.
A $50 restocking fee will apply (excluding Hawaii). See our return policy.
If you intend to disconnect, you must call Customer Service at 800-922-0204.

jmsnyc

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I know this is an old thread but want to get opinions of my S10+ in case there is a good trade in deal for the s20+. I know I need a better cleaner to wipe the smudges but there is the small scratch in the circle. I consider it minor and it can't be noticed when the screen is on. Please let me know what you think. Updated pics.

s10scr1.jpg s10scr2.jpg

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I know this is an old thread but want to get opinions of my S10+ in case there is a good trade in deal for the s20+. I know I need a better cleaner to wipe the smudges but there is the small scratch in the circle. I consider it minor and it can't be noticed when the screen is on. Please let me know what you think. Updated pics.

View attachment 319961 View attachment 319962
I've heard some pass through while others get denied.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa