Excited for S10 but nervous to leave iMessage

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
it's blue bubble snobbery. imessage users literally hate seeing green bubbles.

Definitely not true -- sure some people are like that but I could find some people that are ridiculous about anything lol. I have many green bubble friends and I am part of many green group messages without an issue. Try not to just group everyone together due to a few people who are ridiculous ;).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, simplicity and non-tech savvy do go hand in hand. I suppose they need to get out of the states more and see why whatsapp is such a great app, lol.

Yep. If Android or iPhone started using Whatsapp as the default then it would be the next biggest thing -- just has to be integrated easily like iMessage. I to this day am still shocked Google hasn't done it with their Android Messages app.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Yep. If Android or iPhone started using Whatsapp as the default then it would be the next biggest thing -- just has to be integrated easily like iMessage. I to this day am still shocked Google hasn't done it with their Android Messages app.

What the heck are they waiting for?!

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Zero reason to do it -- especially for iPhone. Google is hooked on RCS but that depends on carriers who always drag their feet and Apple already has success w/ their iMessage.

I think a ton of people would leave iOS if Google had implemented something that worked like iMessage

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I guess it won't ever happen at this rate. Feel like it would have already

I would say we have a better chance of iMessage coming to Android before Google thinks of something. Google can't get messaging right to save their lives lol :p.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I would say we have a better chance of iMessage coming to Android before Google thinks of something. Google can't get messaging right to save their lives lol :p.

Haha such a shame! And iMessage will never come to Android. If Apple allows that then their done.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
But that's what I'm saying... My brother and I use Android phones... my sisters both use iPhones. My wife used to use an iPhone. We have always communicated just fine. We all send gifs, texts, images and videos to each other without problems over either text or Facebook Messenger. The people I work with (I am on a distributed team) all use a mix of android and iPhones. We all communicate just fine. So I don't understand the fear I've seen expressed on the idea of leaving iMessage. No one on my team has ever said to me (or anyone else I'm aware of) "Oh, you have an Android? I have no way of sending something to you or talking to you."

What is the Facebook messenger issue ? I use both iPhone and android and Facebook messenger works the same. Except for chat heads.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa