Bring back Samsung spam blocker?

soundchasr

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I really liked the Samsung spam call blocker on my S9. With the S10, Verizon removed it and inserted their fee-based option. Is there a way to get the Samsung app back? I can't figure it out....

Thanks!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I really liked the Samsung spam call blocker on my S9. With the S10, Verizon removed it and inserted their fee-based option. Is there a way to get the Samsung app back? I can't figure it out....

Thanks!
XDA might have a way to side load it.

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking about subscribing to Verizon Call Filter, but a Verizon rep told me today that it will become free (spam block feature) at end of this month. It now is $2.99/mth. I don't know how good it is, and it's obviously limited to Verizon customers.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking about subscribing to Verizon Call Filter, but a Verizon rep told me today that it will become free (spam block feature) at end of this month. It now is $2.99/mth. I don't know how good it is, and it's obviously limited to Verizon customers.

Correct -- the Verizon one will be free at the end of the month.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site

Haha, had to keep up with T-Mobile since there's is free.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Haha, had to keep up with T-Mobile since there's is free.

IIRC all are free except Verizon. They finally decided to give it for free due to the outcry of scam / spam calls. I dunno if T-Mobile was really the reason for them doing it since AT&T has been as well.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Interesting find... I didn't know about this and when I checked my phone I see I disabled it I guess when I first got my phone (Note 8). Maybe it was a paid service back then and that's why I disabled it? Had it always been free in last couple of years? Do you think it's worth running?

I went ahead and re-enabled it and see if it helps. I get an annoying spam call in spanish a couple of times a week and can't do anything but ignore it.

IIRC all are free except Verizon. They finally decided to give it for free due to the outcry of scam / spam calls. I dunno if T-Mobile was really the reason for them doing it since AT&T has been as well.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Interesting find... I didn't know about this and when I checked my phone I see I disabled it I guess when I first got my phone (Note 8). Maybe it was a paid service back then and that's why I disabled it? Had it always been free in last couple of years? Do you think it's worth running?

I went ahead and re-enabled it and see if it helps. I get an annoying spam call in spanish a couple of times a week and can't do anything but ignore it.

It still is a paid server as of right now. It won't go free until the end of the month. Once it is free it will be fully worth it.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yikes! I tried to read carefully and... i think... it said free. Well, it's almost end of month so... I guess one month won't kill me to test. Especially if I don't get any foreign spam calls for rest of month lol.

If you re-enable it now, I think you'll be charged.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Correct -- the Verizon one will be free at the end of the month.

From what I've experienced so far during the "free trial" of the Verizon app on my S10, free is about what it's worth. I can't tell where its done much of anything, honestly, other than an obnoxius "UNKNOWN CALLER" across the screen for anyone not in my phone book. Could have figured that one out on my own.

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
From what I've experienced so far during the "free trial" of the Verizon app on my S10, free is about what it's worth. I can't tell where its done much of anything, honestly, other than an obnoxius "UNKNOWN CALLER" across the screen for anyone not in my phone book. Could have figured that one out on my own.

Good to know. I've been using Mr. Number, free version, for a while, and it seems on par with all the other apps. I'm considering the paid version ($15/year), just for a few more options.