I tried using my S10+ in portrait orientation while wearing my polarized Ray-Ban sunglasses and the screen was barely visible. If I turn the phone horizontally so that it is in the landscape orientation, I can see the screen just fine with my sunglasses on. I saw a post on reddit where someone said that this caused by the screen protector that comes on the phone. I've had an S7, S8, and S9+ and none of those phones had this issue in portrait or landscape orientation. So, I am guessing that it is the screen protector causing the problem.

I'll probably remove my screen protector and see if it fixes the issue. But first, I was wondering if anyone else had this issue when trying to view the S10 or S10+ display in portrait orientation with polarized sunglasses on with or without the screen protector that came on the phone?
    03-08-2019 09:10 PM
    I tried using my S10+ in portrait orientation while wearing my polarized Ray-Ban sunglasses and the screen was barely visible. If I turn the phone horizontally so that it is in the landscape orientation, I can see the screen just fine with my sunglasses on. I saw a post on reddit where someone said that this caused by the screen protector that comes on the phone. I've had an S7, S8, and S9+ and none of those phones had this issue in portrait or landscape orientation. So, I am guessing that it is the screen protector causing the problem.

I'll probably remove my screen protector and see if it fixes the issue. But first, I was wondering if anyone else had this issue when trying to view the S10 or S10+ display in portrait orientation with polarized sunglasses on with or without the screen protector that came on the phone?
    It's probably the filters they use to reduce the blue light
    03-08-2019 11:41 PM
    Let me know what it looks like when you take off the screen protector. I'm noticing some color changes as well with my polarized sunglasses.
    pjniez likes this.
    03-08-2019 11:54 PM
    I took two pictures of the S10+ screen (screen protector still installed) with my S9+. One with the camera shooting through my Ray-Ban sunglasses with polarized lens and one without the sunglasses. This is a relatively good representation of what I'm seeing while wearing the sunglasses - except the screen is much darker when I'm wearing them.

I tried to different pairs of sunglasses with polarized lens from two different manufacturers and they both gave the same affect.

Is anyone else seeing this problem with their S10 our S10+ with the factory installed screen protector?
    03-09-2019 08:48 AM
    Same issues here with my polarized sunglasses. Screen is barely visible with the light all the way up. I still have the preinstalled screen protector.
    03-09-2019 12:52 PM
    Who's the 1st to remove the screen protector and see if that helps? Mine is not nearly as bad as the example above.
    03-09-2019 12:56 PM
    I removed my screen protector this afternoon because of this issue. It took care of the problem and now I can see the display with my polarized sunglasses on!
    strikeIII and cohoman like this.
    03-09-2019 10:11 PM
    I removed my screen protector this afternoon because of this issue. It took care of the problem and now I can see the display with my polarized sunglasses on!
    That's good to hear. Whew!
    03-10-2019 08:12 AM
    I don't have this issue but I also don't have a screen protector.
    03-10-2019 08:25 AM
    With my LG G6 phone, the screen was only visible in portrait mode when wearing my Ran Ban polarized sunglasses. When rotating the phone horizontally, everything is black through my sunglasses. Thankfully, it looks like this is only the case with the preinstalled plastic screen protector on the S10.
    03-10-2019 09:12 AM
    With my LG G6 phone, the screen was only visible in portrait mode when wearing my Ran Ban polarized sunglasses. When rotating the phone horizontally, everything is black through my sunglasses. Thankfully, it looks like this is only the case with the preinstalled plastic screen protector on the S10.
    Yeah, I'm really glad it fixed the problem! I use my phone A LOT outside in sunlight and I always buy polarized sunglasses.

I haven't used a screen protector on my last 3 phones (S7, S8, S9+) without any issues. So, I didnt care too much about taking the screen protector of S10+. But, I certainly would have left it on if it didn't have the issue with polarized sunglasses.

Honestly, I'm really surprised more people weren't complaining about it! I noticed it immediately when I set up the S10+ to navigate on Friday when it was sunny out.
    03-10-2019 11:37 AM
    Glad to hear it's just the screen protector. Been having the same issue with my polarized sunglasses. Trying to use Google Maps for navigation when it's sunny is impossible.
    03-10-2019 05:53 PM
    I use polarized prescription sunglasses. Screen is dimmed when placed horizontally rather than portrait for me.
    03-10-2019 06:23 PM