12-09-2019 01:22 AM
130 123 ...
tools
    Thought be an idea for settings people are using to help with their battery life and any tips that has helped that they have changed.
    03-17-2019 09:26 AM
    To be honest I've just enabled adaptive battery thats all. And location and nfc off. That still gets me 8hrs SOT at 30% remaining easily.
    On the exynos + version.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-17-2019 10:37 AM
    I wish I had that battery life for my S10. I had about 5 hours the first day.....now not so much.
    03-19-2019 03:36 PM
    - Use dark mode

- Use dark wallpaper

- Schedule AOD so it's not on all day. It doesn't drain much battery to begin with but it's a tip.

- Turn off unnecessary features.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-19-2019 08:43 PM
    - Use dark mode

- Use dark wallpaper

- Schedule AOD so it's not on all day. It doesn't drain much battery to begin with but it's a tip.

- Turn off unnecessary features.
    Without an LED, I prefer AoD on, and had hoped the huge battery would offset it. With all of the usual suggestions I can't get past 6 hours of SoT.
    Attached Thumbnails Battery tips for owners who are struggling-34673.jpg  
    03-19-2019 09:38 PM
    Battery tips for owners who are struggling-screenshot_20190319-214316_settings.jpg

not the best, but every day it gets just a little bit better with adaptive battery on..
    03-19-2019 09:44 PM
    Without an LED, I prefer AoD on, and had hoped the huge battery would offset it. With all of the usual suggestions I can't get past 6 hours of SoT.
    How is signal strength in your area? Also is the proximity sensor working on your phone? These are just some issues that could drain battery.
    03-19-2019 10:15 PM
    I haven't done much of anything. get up to 10 hours sot
    03-19-2019 10:23 PM
    Most important battery tip, stop comparing your SOT with some other person
    03-19-2019 10:51 PM
    How is signal strength in your area? Also is the proximity sensor working on your phone? These are just some issues that could drain battery.
    It's pretty average mix on average day in midtown NYC and suburbs, never bad. As a frame of reference I average about an hour less of SoT using a LG V40 same areas, use and apps and with a Mate 20, I would get 8 hours of SoT at a min for MY normal use.

I'm not unhappy with the battery, just shocked to see people getting so much better.
    03-19-2019 11:09 PM
    Why is this thread turning into sharing battery life? I thought it was about tips to help improve battery life.

Like some others have touched on... Dark theme, dark wallpaper, AOD set to tap to show (although I personally keep it always on), adaptive battery setting, put apps to sleep that you don't use often, etc.
    BerryBubbles likes this.
    03-20-2019 12:51 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190319-214316_Settings.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	300502

not the best, but every day it gets just a little bit better with adaptive battery on..
    Not the best? Would kill for these stats
    gogoplata1980 and Blaalad12 like this.
    03-20-2019 04:25 AM
    This is my average day. I have absolutely no power saving mode or anything at all, but Dark Mode day and night, and I play games and use social media hardcore. And I have my screen at WQHD. Battery tips for owners who are struggling-screenshot_20190316-040431_settings.jpeg
    03-20-2019 06:25 AM
    Lower screen brightness.
    FHD+ screen resolution.
    Under Power Mode, select Optimized and Adaptive Power Saving.
    Dark wallpaper.
    AOD with Tap to Wake.
    03-20-2019 08:31 AM
    Most important battery tip, stop comparing your SOT with some other person
    THIS RIGHT HERE!!! Everyone is different and this phone will act different for each person. I get an avg of 5 hours of SOT, but I also constantly wake my phone up from sleep. I work in an automotive shop so in between customers I look through social media, I may have 20 minutes between customers or I may have 3 minutes between customers. Plus texting a lot turns it from deep sleep to wake a lot as well. Now compare that to someone who's constantly on the phone gaming or scroll social media/forums they are going to have a higher SOT and probably push the battery life a little longer bc the phone is adjusting settings/background power to different areas...... But all in all I get enough SOT for what I do and still get through the day easily, most of the time I get a day and 3/4 of life from I full charge and to me I'm happy with that. I love this phone
    bhatech likes this.
    03-20-2019 09:47 AM
    I have been getting 6 hours of SOT consistently the past week around my home area (South Jersey/Philly). I am traveling to NYC this week, midtown Manhattan. No changes made, other than my location. I am getting about 3 hours of SOT...if I am lucky. Something about the 4gLTE band being used that is killing the battery here. Anyone else observe same?
    03-20-2019 11:21 AM
    Seems like lot of people don't turn in Adaptive power saving. I forgot to and when I did, my battery went up.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-20-2019 11:24 AM
    Seems like lot of people don't turn in Adaptive power saving. I forgot to and when I did, my battery went up.
    I still don't understand how people are turning this on with no issues. Every time I turn it on and don't use my phone for a while, it will kick my phone into medium power saving mode and turn off AOD. What gives? 🤔
    03-20-2019 11:34 AM
    I still don't understand how people are turning this on with no issues. Every time I turn it on and don't use my phone for a while, it will kick my phone into medium power saving mode and turn off AOD. What gives? 🤔
    It does as I have experienced it , but In medium power saving mode you can play with the settings to your liking like screen resolution and how much to limit CPU or screen brightness.
    WizeGuyDezignz likes this.
    03-20-2019 11:39 AM
    I still don't understand how people are turning this on with no issues. Every time I turn it on and don't use my phone for a while, it will kick my phone into medium power saving mode and turn off AOD. What gives?
    I wasn't a fan of this either. Changed my screen resolution as well. My battery isn't great but it lasts all day so I'm good with it. Not signing up for the battery Olympics.
    03-20-2019 11:43 AM
    It does as I have experienced it , but In medium power saving mode you can play with the settings to your liking like screen resolution and how much to limit CPU or screen brightness.
    Yeah man, I was playing with those settings at one point and then gave up lol.

Can you please share how you have your settings set up bro?

Thanks!
    03-20-2019 11:52 AM
    Just turn the adaptive power saving. It won't change resolution.
    03-20-2019 12:15 PM
    I think it depends on which power mode you use, if you high then it'll change screen resolution as well. I think the description under each of them explains.
    Also, adaptive power savings shouldn't change screen resolution based on it's description below the toggle.

03-20-2019 12:25 PM
    I think it depends on which power mode you use, if you high then it'll change screen resolution as well. I think the description under each of them explains.
    Also, adaptive power savings shouldn't change screen resolution based on it's description below the toggle.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2f22594d8d.jpg
    Unfortunately it does. Me and a few others have experienced it. When we leave our phones idle for a while, it kicks the phone into medium power saving mode which in turn drops the phone down to FHD+, turns off AOD, slows down the CPU, etc.

It seems like adaptive power saving mode is broken in the way it should technically work.
    bhatech likes this.
    03-20-2019 12:32 PM
    Unfortunately it does. Me and a few others have experienced it. When we leave our phones idle for a while, it kicks the phone into medium power saving mode which in turn drops the phone down to FHD+, turns off AOD, slows down the CPU, etc.

It seems like adaptive power saving mode is broken in the way it should technically work.
    Ah ok, thanks for the info. Didn't know it will do that. Just turned it on when I posted that, I'm going to turn that off now
    03-20-2019 12:37 PM
130 123 ...