Stable Podcast App for S10?

Jon44

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I've given up on podcast app I've been using ("BeyondPod") and was all set to try either Pocket Casts or DoggCatcher, but noticed that each of those has recent reviews reporting lots of problems working with S10.
Has anyone found a podcast app that's stable on S10 and new UI?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Nothing comes close pocketcasts and it's cross platform, syncs podcasts, playing positions etc beautifully across all devices in all platforms.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I've given up on podcast app I've been using ("BeyondPod") and was all set to try either Pocket Casts or DoggCatcher, but noticed that each of those has recent reviews reporting lots of problems working with S10.
Has anyone found a podcast app that's stable on S10 and new UI?

Why did you give up on BeyondPod?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Pocket Casts works great for me. Never any problem.

I was using Google but the only podcast I listen to says not available anymore but it is still available Google's just not showing me new ones for some reason on this phone. I just see old ones. I need a new podcast app to try. I was able to find it online and listen which is how I noticed 2 new ones.

Last edited:

konvajw

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I currently prefer Podcast Addict and works great for me on my S10+. I've used pocketcasts, podcast Republic and player FM also in the past - but haven't used on S10+.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Pocketcast is by far the best podcast app around. Unfortunately, their recent updates have ruined it.

Google Podcast is too bare bones.
Google Podcasts is terrible for anyone who's actually serious about listening to more than one podcast. It's a joke how bad that app is.
Pocketcasts here. The newest update did bring changes, but nothing you won't get use to. In ways it's better.
The latest UI change was shocking at first, bit it's easy to get used to once you try, and latest updates are bringing some functionality back that was foolishly removed (such as marking episodes as played). Easily the best podcast app overall.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Well I am uninstalling Google Podcast but it's been fine until new phone but maybe Google actually quit carrying the podcast. I thought the guys were maybe on vacation then I checked the next week and still nothing. I googled and a page came up and I see 2 more podcast. So does Pocketcast cost?

gogoplata1980

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Well I am uninstalling Google Podcast but it's been fine until new phone but maybe Google actually quit carrying the podcast. I thought the guys were maybe on vacation then I checked the next week and still nothing. I googled and a page came up and I see 2 more podcast. So does Pocketcast cost?
I think it's like $5 but there's no monthly fees like some other podcast apps have. Well worth it.

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Odd as I use Google podcast and had no issues

Pocket cast is good think it cost £4 here

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Odd as I use Google podcast and had no issues

Pocket cast is good think it cost £4 here

Well it may just be Google quit playing my podcast. I asked the guys on twitter if it went away on Google Podcast and they didn't respond. It's the only podcast I listen too these 2 guys from my soap opera. But I can go to browser somewhere when I googled it and play it and see the latest 2 episodes Google Podcast doesn't show me and was saying unavailable. So I'll try a different one thanks! I just listen to and from work it's a once a week show.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non