How to stop app from auto launching?

jeeves744

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have been having a really annoying problem and have not been able to fix it. Everytime I get into my truck and the phone connects, it automatically launches the TuneIn radio app. Even if I have another music app playing as I get into my truck my s10+ will stop that app and start TuneIn. I have force stopped it, gone through every setting in the app and can not figure out how to stop it. I also turned off all routines so thats not the problem either. Is anyone else having this problem with their s10+?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have been having a really annoying problem and have not been able to fix it. Everytime I get into my truck and the phone connects, it automatically launches the TuneIn radio app. Even if I have another music app playing as I get into my truck my s10+ will stop that app and start TuneIn. I have force stopped it, gone through every setting in the app and can not figure out how to stop it. I also turned off all routines so thats not the problem either. Is anyone else having this problem with their s10+?

Double check the settings in that app.

Oct 22, 2017
Visit site
Yes, this problem seems to be specific to TuneIn

I think I may have solved the issue since i posted last - well, it doesn't seem to have occurred since I did the following:

Settings >>
Battery & Device care >>
Battery >>
Background usage limits >>
Deep sleeping apps >>
+ button (in the top right of the screen) >>
Choose the app Tunein radio >>
Press 'add'

For me the app hasnt come up again (dont know if that will help - it looks like we have similar phones)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, this problem seems to be specific to TuneIn

I think I may have solved the issue since i posted last - well, it doesn't seem to have occurred since I did the following:

Settings >>
Battery & Device care >>
Battery >>
Background usage limits >>
Deep sleeping apps >>
+ button (in the top right of the screen) >>
Choose the app Tunein radio >>
Press 'add'

For me the app hasnt come up again (dont know if that will help - it looks like we have similar phones)
Great hopefully this is the fix.

john2003cpht

Jan 13, 2024
Visit site
I contacted tunein and their response was and I quote "What is the problem that it was it is suppose to do you cant stop it". As far as I am concerned they dont care and they are doing everything they can to hijack peoples phones which I totally wrong for them to do.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's a frustrating response, but it sounds like you've done all you can. I would suggest that, like any app that works poorly, you give it an appropriate review in the Play Store and express your displeasure by uninstalling it.

Reactions: J Dubbs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webchambers