S10 stops charging

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Bought a second hand S10 from Music Magpie.

It did not come with a charger, I am using my S6 charger with an adaptor.

I have noticed that the S10 stops charging once the screen switches off. I have also tried switching it off and charging it but it does the same thing, charges a while then stops.

If I open the screen it still doesn't charge until I unplug and replug the charger.

It appears to charge wirelessly ok. Is it a fault of the charger, tried the app Amp which shows it charging about 800mA.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Bought a second hand S10 from Music Magpie.

It did not come with a charger, I am using my S6 charger with an adaptor.

I have noticed that the S10 stops charging once the screen switches off. I have also tried switching it off and charging it but it does the same thing, charges a while then stops.

If I open the screen it still doesn't charge until I unplug and replug the charger.

It appears to charge wirelessly ok. Is it a fault of the charger, tried the app Amp which shows it charging about 800mA.

I suspect the brick... Have you tries using another different brick?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A working S6 charger should charge an S10 properly (they're both 15 Watt charge phones, so I suspect that Hermes Hidayat is correct, and the charger isn't working properly with the phone. (800mA is a pretty low charging rate for a 3400mAh battery.)

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Does the charger work properly with the old S6?

I disagree with the others, I'd bet it's the adapter you're using. Get yourself a decent USB-A to USB-C cable from a reputable manufacturer like Anker.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Does the charger work properly with the old S6?

I disagree with the others, I'd bet it's the adapter you're using. Get yourself a decent USB-A to USB-C cable from a reputable manufacturer like Anker.

you disagree but recommended OP to get a decent USB-A to USB-C cable from a reputable manufacturer like Anker...smh

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
you disagree but recommended OP to get a decent USB-A to USB-C cable from a reputable manufacturer like Anker...smh

What exactly are you shaking your head at? Anker cables are decent. I know Samsung tell you to only use stuff with Samsung printed on it, but that's just for their margins. Don't believe the hype.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I believe the smh is for the recommendation the use a different cable, when it may be the charger that's an issue.

The S6 adapter could be faulty - I would try a more recent version to see if the results are different.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I believe the smh is for the recommendation the use a different cable, when it may be the charger that's an issue.

The S6 adapter could be faulty - I would try a more recent version to see if the results are different.

It *could* be faulty, yes. But I'd put money on it being that adapter in between the old micro-USB cable and the phone.

And besides, a good cable is what? 5 bucks? And QC charger is what 20 or 30?

What exactly makes you think it's more likely that the charger has suddenly gone bad for no reason than the jury rig cable with a micro-USB to USB-C adapter is screwing things up?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87