Anyone notice Spotify or other streaming app pausing on its own?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
My Spotify app pauses on its own quite often. In some cases it goes back to the beginning of the song. It happens with both wired and Bluetooth connections so it's not a jack issue.
I don't think it an app issue since it doesn't happen on my Pixel 3XL unless there's a compatibility issue with the OS. Since it's not happening on the Pixel with 4GB of RAM and my S10+ has 8GB I can't blame lack of RAM unless it's just poor memory management. I have not tried it recently with other streaming apps but it works fine with fine with PowerAmp and stored files.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Follow these steps:

Settings

Apps

"3 dot" menu button on upper right corner

Special Access

Optimize battery usage

Scroll down to Samsung Music (or other app you use for music) and untoggle battery optimization

Enjoy the music not being force-closed in the background by the new super-aggressive battery management.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My Spotify app pauses on its own quite often. In some cases it goes back to the beginning of the song. It happens with both wired and Bluetooth connections so it's not a jack issue.
I don't think it an app issue since it doesn't happen on my Pixel 3XL unless there's a compatibility issue with the OS. Since it's not happening on the Pixel with 4GB of RAM and my S10+ has 8GB I can't blame lack of RAM unless it's just poor memory management. I have not tried it recently with other streaming apps but it works fine with fine with PowerAmp and stored files.

Have you tried safe mode?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
You know whats funny about you in particular?you can joke around peoples thread and stuff but when i suggested safe mode you told me to think carefully about my suggestion...owh right youre some big shot in here thus you can do it and i cant.fair enough.
The way I read your response it sounded like an actual suggestion. There was no way for me to tell that you were joking.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87