Buttons or gestures

Buttons or gestures

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Can't wait for Google gestures to be available with the next update. I've used them on my previous 2 XL. So much better than Samsung's options

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Can't wait for Google gestures to be available with the next update. I've used them on my previous 2 XL. So much better than Samsung's options

I am using the beta for One UI 2.0 and they are definitely better than what Samsung has right now on Pie.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
What's the difference between UI 1 and UI 2 as far as switching between apps?
Is there a way to double tap instead of trying to control that crazy slider?

Can you reverse the navbar to the Google layout when using gestures on UI 2?

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Buttons! Quick and simple!

I tried gestures a long time ago. I got used to them and used them for a while. But switched back to buttons due to having to frequently re-swipe with the gestures. Been happy ever since!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ah, an intelligent and well reasoned argument with some subtle and intricate nuances... Here's my rebuttal;

Yep.

It's because I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion.. the OP asked so I answered what I think. That's it .. you're the one trying to tell me what's what lol.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It's because I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion.. the OP asked so I answered what I think. That's it .. you're the one trying to tell me what's what lol.

Then why respond at all? I am the one trying to tell you what's what, because I think you're wrong. If you think you're not wrong i would honestly like to know why, because buttons are faster than gestures.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Then why respond at all? I am the one trying to tell you what's what, because I think you're wrong. If you think you're not wrong i would honestly like to know why, because buttons are faster than gestures.

I don't think so because I can fly around through apps much faster with gestures on my iPhone versus buttons.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't think so because I can fly around through apps much faster with gestures on my iPhone versus buttons.

I mean... You know you're not on iMore, right? The way the iPhone works has absolutely nothing to do with how the S10 works. The iPhone only ever had one button to navigate with lol, of course it's faster now there's an actual "back" command.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I mean... You know you're not on iMore, right? The way the iPhone works has absolutely nothing to do with how the S10 works. The iPhone only ever had one button to navigate with lol, of course it's faster now there's an actual "back" command.

I still prefer gestures if done right.. so yep. Idk what to say.

Oh also anyone can post here there aren't rules against that.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I still prefer gestures if done right.. so yep. Idk what to say.

Oh also anyone can post here there aren't rules against that.

I've got no problem with anyone posting here, even iPhone users. But answering a question about the S10 specifically with experience from the iPhone without even qualifying that fact is a bit... Misleading.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've got no problem with anyone praying here, even iPhone users. But answering a question about the S10 specifically with experience from the iPhone without even qualifying that fact is a bit... Misleading.

Re-read what I wrote. I prefer gestures if done right. Regardless of phone.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Re-read what I wrote. I prefer gestures if done right. Regardless of phone.

I'm not arguing about your preference, it isn't my concern and i already said i use gestures. I was arguing with the claim that they're faster. Which on Android, is objectively wrong.