Samsung S10 Wifi not getting internet connection

Piotr Tarnawski

Jan 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,

After last upgrade and phone reboot, I lost Wifi internet connection.

I am able to connect to access point but no to internet.

Firstly I tried to troubleshoot my home internet. I reboot router and access point.

Still no joy.

All other devices have no issue both wifi and cable connection.

I even took old tablet and connected to wifi and internet works.

So I restart phone, I reset network settings and cleared cash partition.

Nothing works.

I would appreciate any ideas.

Kernel: 4.14.113-17369399

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi, and welcome to Android Central Forums.

You've tried some of the normal trouble shooting steps but you didn't mention if you tried forgetting the network on your device and reconnecting. I've seen that work in some cases.

The only other thing I can think of if you can't get it going is to try a factory reset after backing up your data.

If you need additional help you may want to consider creating an account so we can communicate further and better assist you. As a guest you are not able to reply any threads.

I have provided the link below so that you can register.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Duplicate threads merged.

Did you already try Mike Dee's suggestion of forgetting the wi-fi network on the phone, and then going through the connection process again?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The phone is getting a limited internet connection. That's almost always something in the router. And one of the most difficult internet problems to debug, even if the "debugger" is there in person. It's going to be a matter of trial and error.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I guess that's worth a shot and I did read something about IPV6 and connection issues somewhere but I don't recall where.

Wouldn't testing the connection from the link below identify any issues? The router was working until an update.

https://test-ipv6.com/
You guys are not reading that link I left there , tell me what the last few comments say please ?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
You guys are not reading that link I left there , tell me what the last few comments say please ?
Maybe that thread is where I saw it. Still weird that it worked before an update according to the OP. And also, why arent we seeing more issues?
We don't even know if the OP still has an issue.

Piotr Tarnawski

Jan 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,

Still have an issue. I connected to different wifi and still same issue.

Its not a router as many other devices working well. I have Alexas, Philip's hue, android box for tv, game systems, all connected and able to communicate with outside world.

The only device is my phone which was working until two days ago I run OS update.

I dont have IPv6 set up

I reboot everything already.

It's very strange but more its annoying.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
try turning on airplane mode then disable it. if that does not work, it seems you already tried everything. the only other choice could be to do a factory reset of the phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
There's other things to try :
Go to settings >general mangement >reset

1.Reset settings
2.Try safe mode
3.factory reset

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I dont have IPv6 set up

Just checking -- did you actually look in the settings for this, or are you saying this because you don't recall manually setting it up? IPv6 would be turned on by default, so it's something you'd have to disable yourself.

Even if you've tried other wi-fi networks, those networks probably also have IPv6 enabled, so it's still worth a try.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Just checking -- did you actually look in the settings for this, or are you saying this because you don't recall manually setting it up? IPv6 would be turned on by default, so it's something you'd have to disable yourself.

Even if you've tried other wi-fi networks, those networks probably also have IPv6 enabled, so it's still worth a try.
I think in one of his posts he tried it on another router and still had the issue. I'm guessing it's a device issue at this point. I'm leaning towards factory reset since it's stated that it happened after an update. Possibly something got corrupted and hopefully factory reset should correct that. Otherwise maybe it's just a coincidence that it happened after the update and it's a hardware issue.

GeorgesBlazah

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. Unlocked S10+.

Only difference is that if I toggle wifi off/on back again, it works for some time then I get the same thing. I have done all the normal troubleshooting and rejoined the network. I havent looked at the link posted above but I will check it out later when I get home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781