I have noticed that when my s10e is sitting on a flat surface, the screen is at times unresponsive to touch (double tap to wake, swiping through app drawer, dragging down notification bar, using gestures instead of navigation buttons).

I have a tempered glass screen protector, but the screen works flawlessly when the phone is in my hand or in any other scenario than when it is lying flat on a table or bed for example.

I have tried tilting it up slightly after it not working on a table and it works then I set it back down and it either works or doesn't.

Does anyone else have this problem or know of a way to fix it (in the settings for example??). I have already tried deleting the cache / junk and restarting the device. I do not want to factory reset.

Thanks.
    04-15-2019 05:51 AM
    Have you tried increasing touch sensitivity (Settings > Display > Touch Sensitivity)? Supposedly this helps when you have a screen protector. I didn't need to turn mine on, but might be worth a try.
    Morty2264 and Loretta Guyett like this.
    05-04-2019 03:18 PM
    I did as you suggested and have been testing it out for a few weeks, and I haven't noticed any issues. Thank you!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-03-2019 12:05 AM
    Yes absolutely happens on mine!!!!! Grrrrrrrrr It works fine when it's in my hand, not so good laying flat on the desk or table. I Googled it and it's not specific to the S10e, has something to do with the capacative screen not being grounded or something. Pretty stupid IMO, I used to use my old S7 as a calculator at times and it worked fine on my desk. Maybe this can get moved to a better forum than this sub-section?
    10-25-2019 02:26 PM
    I have noticed that when my s10e is sitting on a flat surface, the screen is at times unresponsive to touch (double tap to wake, swiping through app drawer, dragging down notification bar, using gestures instead of navigation buttons).

I have a tempered glass screen protector, but the screen works flawlessly when the phone is in my hand or in any other scenario than when it is lying flat on a table or bed for example.

I have tried tilting it up slightly after it not working on a table and it works then I set it back down and it either works or doesn't.

Does anyone else have this problem or know of a way to fix it (in the settings for example??). I have already tried deleting the cache / junk and restarting the device. I do not want to factory reset.

Thanks.
    01-14-2020 04:57 PM
    I have the exact same problem. If its my hand, it responds to my touch. Lying flat on a table or desk, no. On some keys if I really press hard it will respond, others, no matter how hard you touch a key when its flat, nothing. I have a glass screen protector too. Anyone have an answer? This phone is only 2 weeks old.
    01-14-2020 05:00 PM
    Try in safe mode if same problem?.
    01-14-2020 05:05 PM

Thanks.
    01-14-2020 05:05 PM
    Frifred had the answer! Settings>Display>touch sensitivity. Enable. Thanks Frifred!
    01-14-2020 05:07 PM
    Thank you! This worked!!!
    01-14-2020 05:08 PM