Android 10 update

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I got mine yesterday as well. Everything is working very well and super smooth overall. Seems even snappier than it was (not that it's been even slightly sluggish more than 3 times since release date), but I think that's mostly the new animations.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I got mine yesterday as well. Everything is working very well and super smooth overall. Seems even snappier than it was (not that it's been even slightly sluggish more than 3 times since release date), but I think that's mostly the new animations.

You have convinced me to finally install it.

Edit: I'm looking through the settings menu and there's a number of changes which includes:
-Finally making apps only use location while using the app, always using it, or denied usage
-You can temporarily mute your phone for a period of time
-Notifications will now allow you to snooze them
-Night mode has been renamed to dark mode (I think so?)
-There's a permission manager in privacy settings
-Incoming calls while using the phone are smaller now and can be moved around the screen (haven't tried this, but it's in the "What's New" menu)
-Link to Windows is a thing
-Device care has a new look

Other things will be shared or pointed out hopefully. I do hope that the GPS is improved.

Last edited:

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Photo app "more" not functioning correctly.

This morning I wanted to take a photo and the mode had accidentally slid to "video" rather than "photo", so I tapped on "more" and the pencil, hoping to drag the video setting up above so it wouldn't show on the options for the camera.

As you can see in this screen grab, when i went to "more" and the pencil the only item on my list of camera options was "panorama".

Clearly, something is not working correctly.more.JPG or I did something wrong. I would prefer that I did something wrong rather than having to wait for a fix.

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Now this is really ridiculous!

If I choose "photo" on the camera app and shoot by lightly touching the shutter icon, it captures a photo and what pops up is "view motion photo"...so I've taken a video?

What gives?

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Okay...I see that I had motion video icon on at top of screen - solved the motion video setting, but I still can't remove video from the options in the "more" setting.

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Voice dictation is not working with the UI 2. I just tried to reply to a message by dictating it and nothing was entered. Switched to gmail and tried to dictate. That didn't work either.

I did reboot the phone thinking that might solve the problem but it didn't.

Anyone else having this problem?

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Okay...I see that I had motion video icon on at top of screen - solved the motion video setting, but I still can't remove video from the options in the "more" setting.

Photo and Video are always there by default and cannot be removed or moved. Everything else you can customize and change. Not sure if they will change that with future updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984