I get a LOUD bong bing bong chime a couple times a day.

notification reminders off, nfc off no spen (from searching on similar subjects)

Tried searching for audio files in a couple file managers, but its clear it isnt showing all audio files as no ringtones show up there.

To whatever developer thought it was a good idea to make random noises
    with no way to identify what the random noise means, you are an i___t (fill in the blanks!

To the rest of the gentle readers, any hint appreciated.

I assume one of my apps does this, but deleting all my apps and starting over seems futile. Considering the thing only happens one or twice a day, not realistic way of testing if I have the right app.

If you have the same issue please respond. Perhaps we can cross check our apps or settings.

I occasionally get alerts from weather or law enforcement warnings from my state, but those don't seem correlated to the chimes.
    03-07-2020 01:23 PM
    Try in safe mode see if it is a app causing this .

'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    03-07-2020 02:05 PM
    I recently got an s10e and once a day at a random time, I also hear a loud 3 note chime that sounds like the NBC chimes but I don't see any corresponding alert. I have checked all apps and turned off notifications and I have cleared out my cache partition. Bixby is off. I am stumped and very annoyed because it is very loud. Any other ideas I could try?
    01-22-2021 11:08 PM
    I recently got an s10e and once a day at a random time, I also hear a loud 3 note chime that sounds like the NBC chimes but I don't see any corresponding alert. I have checked all apps and turned off notifications and I have cleared out my cache partition. Bixby is off. I am stumped and very annoyed because it is very loud. Any other ideas I could try?
    Hi, welcome to AC!

Have you tried safe mode if it goes away?
    01-23-2021 01:18 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try also checking your notification log (https://www.howtogeek.com/689683/how...ry-in-android/), or using Nice Catch (in the Galaxy App Store)
    01-23-2021 01:26 AM
    Could you please explain a little more about how safe mode would help me troubleshoot? If I'm reading it right, safe mode would allow me to use the phone but without third party apps running. Since this tone is random and at most once a day, are you saying I should start in safe mode and then not use any third party apps for a day or two to see if I don't hear the tone? If I don't hear it, then I add my apps back little by little til I find the offender? But if I still hear it, what does that mean and how do I solve it? Thanks.
    01-23-2021 10:16 AM
    Could you please explain a little more about how safe mode would help me troubleshoot? If I'm reading it right, safe mode would allow me to use the phone but without third party apps running. Since this tone is random and at most once a day, are you saying I should start in safe mode and then not use any third party apps for a day or two to see if I don't hear the tone? If I don't hear it, then I add my apps back little by little til I find the offender? But if I still hear it, what does that mean and how do I solve it? Thanks.
    Hi, yes can try it for a day or two , if it's still happening in safe mode then we have to see what else could it be but most likely a 3rd party app , let us know!
    01-23-2021 12:13 PM
    I turned on safe mode this morning and haven't heard the tones yet today. If I don't hear it tomorrow, then I'll say it must be an app. If i turn on Developers Options, and then look at the Running Processes as soon as I hear the tone again, is it safe to say it is one of the apps I see that are running processes? Do I also need to look at cached processes? Thank you!
    01-24-2021 11:55 PM
    I turned on safe mode this morning and haven't heard the tones yet today. If I don't hear it tomorrow, then I'll say it must be an app. If i turn on Developers Options, and then look at the Running Processes as soon as I hear the tone again, is it safe to say it is one of the apps I see that are running processes? Do I also need to look at cached processes? Thank you!
    Can also download Nice Catch in samsung galaxy store

Edit: it can help Trace the notification
    01-25-2021 12:06 AM
    [Moved this to s10e forums ]
    01-25-2021 12:08 AM
    Thanks. Will Nice Catch find sounds? When I get these 3 random tones, there is no vibration associated with the tones.
    01-25-2021 01:06 AM
    01-25-2021 01:10 AM
    Good post, same for me couple of times a day I hear it, have not looked for it so maybe sombody will fine it, even does it when DND is on.
    01-28-2021 06:06 AM
    I have a galaxy s9+ that started making these random notifications in the past 3 days, had this issue been resolved? It's driving me crazy and the latest woke me from sleep
    05-17-2021 05:41 AM
    I have a galaxy s9+ that started making these random notifications in the past 3 days, had this issue been resolved? It's driving me crazy and the latest woke me from sleep
    Hi, welcome to AC!
    Have you tried the suggestions here?
    05-17-2021 11:17 PM
    Yes and nothing is working. The only thing that i noticed is that it goes off at 4:50 am. Every post I've read keeps mentioning turning off various notifications and I have all notification sounds off we seem system. This is a new issue since working with tech support to clear cache

All notifications off, even system

I could not find Nice Catch on Google Play so I installed Catch Notify instead, it's useless.
    05-18-2021 05:49 AM
    Nice catch is part of good lock app in galaxy store. The one from play store is called toast source
    05-18-2021 06:42 AM
    I could not find Nice Catch on Google Play so I installed Catch Notify instead, it's useless.
    Its in Galaxy app store , can also try safe mode if it goes away
    05-18-2021 09:40 AM
    Safe mode was suggested as part of the earlier thread, that did not work. The notification is so random, I went all day yesterday with no issue then at 4:50 this am, it alerted and I have not heard it since. Did anyone post a solution after the moderator moved the thread to s10? I saw toastt source but something in the description made me think it would not help
    05-18-2021 11:11 AM
    Safe mode was suggested as part of the earlier thread, that did not work. The notification is so random, I went all day yesterday with no issue then at 4:50 this am, it alerted and I have not heard it since. Did anyone post a solution after the moderator moved the thread to s10? I saw toastt source but something in the description made me think it would not help
    Try toast source
    05-18-2021 11:20 AM
    What if you turn on Do Not Disturb? That might at least prevent you from being woken up in the middle of the night.
    05-18-2021 02:39 PM
    I found and installed Nice Catch, i may install toast source as a backup, as well.
    05-18-2021 07:24 PM
    I found and installed Nice Catch, i may install toast source as a backup, as well.
    Ok keep us posted
    05-19-2021 12:26 AM
    Nice Catch is only showing one thing close to the time of the alert. Android system power key, does anyone know what that is? I did turn off system sounds and have not heard it since but i have to test longer since the alert only seems to happen at 4:50 am
    05-25-2021 05:11 AM
    Nice Catch is only showing one thing close to the time of the alert. Android system power key, does anyone know what that is? I did turn off system sounds and have not heard it since but i have to test longer since the alert only seems to happen at 4:50 am
    Android system power key I assume is the power button , you change any function with that ?
    05-25-2021 10:52 AM
43 12