Are any of the 5G S20s finicky when it comes to picking up 5G?

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I have an s20+ 5g and went to an intersection that has 5g and my phone showed as 5g but when I ran a Speedtest it showed only lte. Anyone else have this problem?

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Many of the 5G networks are still in the updating and propagating, and not all 5G is actually up to the true 5G standards, yet. It's too early to consider this a fully functional setup yet. There's a number of reports similar to yours out in the wild right now, so don't get too worried just yet.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Many of the 5G networks are still in the updating and propagating, and not all 5G is actually up to the true 5G standards, yet. It's too early to consider this a fully functional setup yet. There's a number of reports similar to yours out in the wild right now, so don't get too worried just yet.

Not saying it’s fully functional. Just trying to connect to two towers close to me. I had talked to a AT&T rep that said there are some issues with Samsung’s s20s but didn’t want to take her word for it. Thanks! Glad to know there are similar issues. I’m going back to the towers tomorrow most likely at night to test it some more. On a side note, Verizon has 5g in Greensboro Nc which is an hour away from me. You think it’s worth getting one of their phones to test out? They actually have maps of where 5g is unlike AT&T. Thanks

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I was in the middle of a 5G zone here, and my Ultra would flat out refuse to connect to 5G until I rebooted it. I have since been able to reproduce it in other 5G areas. It requires a reboot to switch to 5G. It's a software bug I assume.

fanofandroid69

Jun 1, 2020
Visit site
I'm with Rogers wireless and we have full 5G in the downtown Vancouver area. At my work the minute I enter my staff room it goes to lte+ then back to 5G again. Haven't tested the speed yet but watching utube, live streaming, or Netflix is super fast.Def faster than late. Here in Canada the 5G networks are just being launched commercially but I k on it takes a while fir networks to tweak their networks. A few times last week I got 5G signal sporadically in the burbs where I live. I was hoping it would be up and running but I think they were just testing it out.